EA6900 Wifi weirdness questions whenever changing settings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
hoot_spoot
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 18:18    Post subject: EA6900 Wifi weirdness questions whenever changing settings. Reply with quote
I read the optimization post stickied at the top.

I wonder if anyone wants to take a chance at answering why, the defaults work fine, but if I modify anything in the wifi settings, i get weird effects like Android saying there's no internet, or speedtest not being able to start a test. (tried both an Oct 2023 and a Jan 2024 firmware, which otherwise works fine). Is this due to the NDA access to the Broadcom drivers, being of an older copy, and newer chipsets not 'playing nice' with the drop-down and other options in DD-WRT? Such as if I change the DTIM from the default of 1 to '2'.

I was hoping the stickied thread would clear up some questions I had, but it's suggestions seem to be more extreme than whatever I would use. Like a suggested Beacon Interval of 400. Or an RTS threshold of 784.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: