jury rig linksys internal antenna

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
link626
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 23:19    Post subject: jury rig linksys internal antenna Reply with quote
If you look at the external antenna in the pic below, you see it is similar to internal antennas.

For the sake of better signal, could you convert these internal antennas to external ones by removing them from the casing, and then attaching them to longer coax cable at the same solder points?

I'm thinking about using 12" cable tv coax cables as external antenna sticks with the internal antennas attached at the ends.

I don't care how ugly it looks.
Sponsor
xwave37
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes you can. in the back of the router you will see the flat spots on each side with the router open like in photo. You will need to get two cables one side open and the other with antenna connectors that are use to screw on to the antennas. Because I have made rj,coaxiel, bnc, and telephone cable but these cables are basically newer and the tools are expensive. Get the cables for antennas. Its a easy mod to do I just did it to a Cisco m10v1 oh and find a drill bit that matches the size of the. Cable end of the screw this way it stays tight and the antennas don't fall down with the weight because I have had them do that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: