Possibly bricked TP Link TL-WA901ND Ver 2.3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 17:52    Post subject: Possibly bricked TP Link TL-WA901ND Ver 2.3 Reply with quote
fofero98 wrote:
Hey there.

I´m sorry in advance to bother you, but my brother has screwed the router trying to revert from dd-wrt firmware.

He supposedly did the process succesfully but then we couldn´t enter the web configuration utility. The router doesn´t assign coherent IP addresses (all addresses it asigns come in a weird range: 169.254.255.255 for instance) or doesn´t show up as the default gateway. The pc connects to it both wired and wirelessly but we can´t do anything with it. We´ve tried a bunch of things already (30/30/30 reset, arp commands, telnet and ping connections); we´re not experts though.

What´s weird is that it doesn´t seem to be bricked for real. The LEDs don´t blink in a restarting pattern or any weird one. The power LED stays on as it would in normal operation. The SYS and WAN blink normally as they would in normal operation, and finally, the LAN blinks only if a cable is plugged in.

Do you have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best!

Juan

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 19:57    Post subject: Re: Possibly bricked TP Link TL-WA901ND Ver 2.3 Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
fofero98 wrote:
Hey there.

I´m sorry in advance to bother you, but my brother has screwed the router trying to revert from dd-wrt firmware.

He supposedly did the process succesfully but then we couldn´t enter the web configuration utility. The router doesn´t assign coherent IP addresses (all addresses it asigns come in a weird range: 169.254.255.255 for instance) or doesn´t show up as the default gateway. The pc connects to it both wired and wirelessly but we can´t do anything with it. We´ve tried a bunch of things already (30/30/30 reset, arp commands, telnet and ping connections); we´re not experts though.

What´s weird is that it doesn´t seem to be bricked for real. The LEDs don´t blink in a restarting pattern or any weird one. The power LED stays on as it would in normal operation. The SYS and WAN blink normally as they would in normal operation, and finally, the LAN blinks only if a cable is plugged in.

Do you have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best!

Juan

some wifi routers have tat ip range when in router dont have internet ,well thats another subject lets focus on these.set static ip 192.168.1.10 subnet 255.255.255.0 download colasoft mac scanner have only one connection with enternet on pc and connected to 901 so scann what ip address find try that one is one u set in static another is ip of router also try with ip static 192.168.0.10 subnet 255.255.255.0

another shoot reset default connect to your internet modem with cable and on pc (connected to same lan )with wifi or with cable scann with colasoft ,when u find ip than u will try to enter router defoult is admin admin but u can google deault passwords for any router with any firmweara its all net

also i doubt on webgui is turned on if its off for me its easly to flash router to access

good luck
vulgovulto
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=71721&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=150
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: