TP-Link WR-841 v12 EU version. Help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
uirchris
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 13:50    Post subject: TP-Link WR-841 v12 EU version. Help. Reply with quote
Hi all, new to the forum. I have checked a few topics here relating to this router but few are about Version 12 specifically.

I am trying to flash the router in order to place a VPN on it. Is this possible? I checked before purchase and it seems to be, but at the time, I hadnt considered variation on the version numbers (rookie mistake).

I've downloaded FW files from here and LEDE, none of which work through the TP-Link facility and the guides relate to older models, so are of little help.

Could someone point me in the right direction?
Sponsor
uirchris
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 14:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update

I have managed to flash LEDE onto the router. From here will I be able to install an openVPN client?
uirchris
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:55    Post subject: phew Reply with quote
further update.

All set up. As a bonus, Netflix US works too (I am in the UK). Speed isnt brilliant, though I am testing different servers to see if any are better. On top of that, I can stream VUDU in 4K too.

I will say, some of the guides really over complicate things. I may take a moment later to write a tutorial for dummies over on reddit.

Anyway, I would thank people, but instead I will thank the community, as even though nobody helped on this post, the information available was very handy.
ramblin
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Be assured uirchris, people are reading this, just not a lot of experience with the ver.12 yet. Most using older models. Start a dedicated WR841 ver.12 (EU) thread if there isn`t one already and post your updates there for everyone. Thanks for the info so far !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: