Request for firewall help - guest network

Pseudomax
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 13:54    Post subject: Request for firewall help - guest network Reply with quote
Hi

I am a newbie in essence (albeit that I have played around with networking for many years).

I have to set up a guest network for my house on a TP-Link flashed DD-WRT router (Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r34080 std (12/14/17)). I have successfully setup the guest network using a tutorial from this forum on Guest Networks. However, for whatever reason I have been unable to isolate the router from the guest network. I did find the page below, but given I had what I think are some additional requirements to this page (https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Multiple_WLANs) I thought I post them here for some kind person to help me with the needed requirements.

Essentially, I am wanting the Guest Network to have internet access and that is all. I am happy for the DNS to be dictated by the router for the physical LAN, and obviously everything will therefore go through the same WAN. Because the guests will have direct access to the router physically, I am wanting both the ethernet and the VLAN (guest network) to be isolated from the router admin page. That means that the only 2 ways to access the router admin page would be either by resetting the router (which will clearly mean it has been tampered with) or through the primary/physical interface Wifi network.

Physical Interface: ath0
Virtual Interfaces: ath0.1
Physical Network: 192.168.10.x (Router 192.168.1.1)
Virtual Network: 172.16.1.x (Router 172.16.1.1)

Many thanks
(there are no firewall settings at the moment)
Sponsor
Pseudomax
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
eibgrad wrote:
FWIW, here's my own guest network firewall script.

https://pastebin.com/r4u62P0B

At least it's a starting point.

Thank you ... I will try to understand and use as appropriate ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: