access restriction doesnt work with a range of ports block

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
heyyosupz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 19:18    Post subject: access restriction doesnt work with a range of ports block Reply with quote
hi:
I am using pptp server and access restriction on dd-wrt 2.3 sp2 8/10/06. I setup a range of ports filtered on a specific machine, 192.168.0.100. the range of ports blocked are 1025-1722, 1724-3388, 3390-65535. this leaves all under 1024 open and 1723 ( I used to have pptp server connection on this machine), and 3389 open. I need 3389 open because i have the terminal server installed.
when my client side from remote site attemp to connect using PPTP, it connects to the router, then client is able to browse the network and see the share resources. When client wanna try to terminal service, ONLY the first time connects. I mean, lets say , after the first time connection, when client wanna connect it again, client side wont' find the server at all.
I check the netstat and found the connection is already established. then I tried to connect to the server WITHOUT any ports filtered. This works CHARMLY. I can connect many times at all. I can disconnect and reconnect with a hiccup.
whats wrong with the access restriction and its port range blocking? I need help. if this is a new issue, i will submit it bugtracker.

thanks.
Sponsor
bigjohn
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't get access restrictions to work at all - and the WIKI is so rudimentary in this regard (and not entirely clear) that it's no help either.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I too can not get it to work at all as well.

Anyone out there want to update the WIKI or show us some examples

I am using a WRT-54g V2.1 DD-WRT 23sp2 installed (August 4th version)

Thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: