Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:40 Post subject: Flashed DIR-862L with incorrect firmware
My apologies in advance. It was late and in one of more colossally bad "it seemed like a good idea at the time but clearly I was more tired than originally thought" I accidentally flashed my dlink-dir862 with tplink_tl-wr841ndv9 firmware. I honestly just want to get back online. I'm using my phone as a hotspot to post this. It was my mistake I fully admit that... but is there anyway for me to fix this? Please? Any will be appreciated. Oh the router is just blinking amber on the power light. It's usually green. I'll try and check this post every few hours.
Last edited by Proself on Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:11; edited 1 time in total
1. Plug the Ethernet cable that connects your computer, that was plugged into one of the LAN ports,
2. Setup your PC with static IP - ex: 192.168.0.2 (different from 192.168.0.1)
3. Make sure the PC has the new firmware
4. Unplug the power
5. Hold the reset button for 3~5 seconds and re plug the power WITHOUT RELEASING THE RESET BUTTON.
6.Open a web browser to 192.168.0.1 and then you should see EMERGENCY FLASHING page then click browse/upload locate the file and click UPLOAD FIRMWARE NOW
7. You should see a SUCCESS page, If you don’t then re do steps 2-6
At step 3 use a factory firmware from D-Link webpage, not DD-WRT.
Thank you both. Seriously. I am up and running again. I was following an old guide with tftp2 and 192.168.1.1 and it just wasn't working. I have to remember not to tinker in the middle of the night. For now. Everything is configured again and working as intended. It's bed time. Thanks again.