[Solved] Netgear AC1450 unable to flash initial dd-wrt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Pipper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:58    Post subject: [Solved] Netgear AC1450 unable to flash initial dd-wrt Reply with quote
Hello, I have an old Netgear AC1450 that I'm trying to use as a repeater, so I'm trying to flash it with the latest dd-wrt firmware. The router is currently on stock firmware V1.0.0.36_10.0.17. I've read and followed the Netgear AC1450 Wiki Page and the related Netgear R6300v2 Wiki Page, but when I tried to flash the initial firmware file factory-to-dd-wrt.chk, I got the following error:
Quote:
This firmware file is incorrect! Please get the firmware file again and make sure it is the correct firmware for this product.

The factory-to-dd-wrt.chk was obtained from https://ftp.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2022/11-06-2022-r50814/netgear-ac1450/

I searched this forum but didn't find any leads. Anyone encountered this issue before? I've tried the factory-to-dd-wrt.chk from the R6300v2's download directory as well, but got the same error. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by Pipper on Mon Nov 07, 2022 19:11; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
hebeda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:19    Post subject: try nmrpflash - Netgear Unbrick Utility Reply with quote
try nmrpflash - Netgear Unbrick Utility

https://github.com/jclehner/nmrpflash

you can usually flash any firmware , matching the device ....
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Or revert to the initial firmware for the device via webUI, TFTP, or nmrpflash. then try flashing factory-to-ddwrt.chk.

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/AC1450/AC1450-V1.0.0.6_1.0.3.zip

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Pipper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you both. nmrpflash works like a charm! Updated to the latest dd-wrt successfully. I'll mark this topic as "solved".[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: