Asus RT-AC68U Set-up problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Noobius
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 15:04    Post subject: Asus RT-AC68U Set-up problems Reply with quote
Hello all and apologies for unloading my issues upon you all.

Have router as described above and using Zen internet. Have recently updated to : DD-WRT v3.0-r40559 (08/06/19) but having all sorts of issues. Am no longer online so have had to resort to standard router. When trying to put back all log-in details, router refuses to accept and keep getting request timeout in terminal unless I reset router at which point nothing is saved. Even if I manage to save when I try to set-up wireless options it crashes again unless I reset again and once again all details have disappeared again. Zen requests put in following details in order to use: -

Technical Details
Broadband Username e.g. zen12345@zen
Broadband Password 8 characters
DNS Servers 212.23.3.100
Encapsulation PPPoE (PPP over Ethernet) or PPPoA
Encapsulation Type VC Mux
Modulation Auto/MultiMode*
VPI/VCI 0/38
Authentication Type CHAP

I also needed to update my VPN but with the initial issues havent been able to even look there yet.

Have tried to revert back to Asus WRT but that does not work either and have had to TFTP in order to even get back to DD-WRT. At my wits end and hope can get some help.

Apologies for the essay and any assistance greatly appreciated!!
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
There was a new build released today (I posted the thread in the forum within 30 minutes prior to your post, even). Let me guess, you used the router database. Not sure if PPPoE is still having issues or not, I don't use it here. There are plenty of online resources on how to set it up, though. I would recommend upgrading to today's build first, though Wink

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=322453

---------------------------------------------------------

Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Noobius
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
There was a new build released today (I posted the thread in the forum within 30 minutes prior to your post, even). Let me guess, you used the router database. Not sure if PPPoE is still having issues or not, I don't use it here. There are plenty of online resources on how to set it up, though. I would recommend upgrading to today's build first, though Wink

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=322453

Thank you so much. Worked first time!!!

Guess I'm not going mad!! So new build gets my approval if that counts for anything!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: