[TUTORIAL] SoftEther VPN Server Setup (%100 Working)

Goto page Previous  1, 2
NeoTrafy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can you update the steps so I can follow them? I'm trying to figure them since the pictures are not working anymore. It's stupid because I made it work few months ago and suddendly stopped working.

Fresh DD-WRT installation, I click on the softether server and from the softether admin tools I cannot access the server, like if it wasn't listening that port.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
spaceghost
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any updates or better guides on this? Unfortunately, the link at the beginning of his thread recursively links back to the beginning of the thread so the directions and original guide seem to be lost.

Does anyone have a good simple guide to getting SoftEther configured on DD-WRT in a way that it can act as a vpn server for use with iOS devices in particular?

Or alternatively, is there a simpler L2TP setup we can implement?

I relied on Kong builds IPSec server for years for usage with my iOS devices when I'm travelling and needed a VPN. However, now that Kong builds are EOL, we really need a good and simple method for creating VPN servers that support IPsec, L2TP and/or OpenVPN on Brainslayer builds.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
See my signature at the bottom of this post for setting up OpenVPN.
Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
kyanox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 0:46    Post subject: Re: softether client Reply with quote
mkaand wrote:
mimzmimz wrote:
is it possible also to setup the router as a client for a softether server?

I didn't test it as a client. But these days I need second router for SoftEther client I am looking for cheap softether DDWRT router. Any advises?

I have been doing this for over 2 years now to create a secure WAN over the public internet. It works really well actually. One caveiat. My server and bridge routers are openwrt. I can't seem to get the DDWRT routers to establish layer 3, despite seeing MAC's on both sides?

Honestly if anyone had any ideas on this that would be great. I was able to get the DDWRT based router configured and linked up where it can ping back to my server router but the server router can't ping anything on the bridge router side? I'm sure its something simple but I have no clue whats stopping it. It does work with openwrt.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
As much as I hate to use outside resources, I found this:

https://forum.vpngate.net/viewtopic.php?t=63933

We seriously need to have this updated.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: