free VPN services

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
kratoseu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 20:59    Post subject: free VPN services Reply with quote
Hello,
I'm using a Linksys WRTG54GL with the firmware dd-wrt.v24_vpn_generic with build r37305 (quite sure it's useless for this question).
I'm looking for a free server VPN service in order to connect my router to it, the free VPN services I found does non share the information needed to configure the router. I hope this question fits the aim of the forum.
Cheers!
Sponsor
eibgrad
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
FWIW, I've used VPNBook and SecurityKISS free VPN services on the router with success.

There are some dirt-cheap VPN services available as well.

https://slickdeals.net/f/13111582-fastestvpn-lifetime-vpn-service-subscriptions-5-devices-15-2-devices-10?v=1

I've configure the above on dd-wrt, tomato (freshtomato specifically), and merlin w/ success.

http://stacksocial.com usually has a bunch of dirt cheap VPN providers on their website. Just search for "VPN".

NEW SCRIPT!: ddwrt-ovpn-remote-access.sh
NEW SCRIPT!: ddwrt-pptp-policy-based-routing.sh
d0ug
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:27    Post subject: Re: free VPN services Reply with quote
kratoseu wrote:
Hello,
I'm using a Linksys WRTG54GL with the firmware dd-wrt.v24_vpn_generic with build r37305 (quite sure it's useless for this question).
I'm looking for a free server VPN service in order to connect my router to it, the free VPN services I found does non share the information needed to configure the router. I hope this question fits the aim of the forum.
Cheers!

Why not just pay for one? They're dirt cheap like $3-4 a month. The free ones will probably just have connectivity and bandwidth problems. And who knows who is running those "free" ones. As the old saying goes, if you are getting something for free online, then you are probably the product not the customer. Meaning they are probably mining all the data that comes though that "free" VPN service to sell to someone for a profit.
kratoseu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you guys, also for the tips. I'm looking for a simple remote switch so I don't have bandwidth problems and I don't care who runs this software. I'll consider the payment VPN when I neeed more bandwidth.

P.S.
You don't know either who is running these payment VPN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: