I also have a Tp Link Archer AC1750 C7 version 2. r47206 standard. But I don't have a button in services to enable local DNS. Maybe there is a dnsmasq option someone knows I could add after
But wait, when I run the script ./adblock.sh -2 -i ip=127.0.0.1
[INFO] Size of /tmp/mphosts.tmp: 28.4M
[INFO] Size of /tmp/mpdomains.tmp: 10.8M
[INFO] Size of /jffs/dnsmasq/mphosts: 17.0M
[INFO] Size of /jffs/dnsmasq/mpdomains: 0
Domains are not copied over unless ip is left as default. So I am able to get this partially working by omitting the conf-file. Any suggestions to get this fully working on Archer C7?
I have a reasonably new router (AC1750, dd-wrt v3.0-r43904), and adblock.sh configured to use "blitz=0" lists. No Optware, Entware, etc.
I'm having a weird error when dnsmasq goes to start up. It invisibly exits, with error code 2, when the normal process starts. However, starting the process either in debug mode or in the foreground (-k) works perfectly fine. Any ideas or tips on trying to debug this?
Here is my generated config:
# Having a large local cache speeds up subsequent DNS queries significantly (from several hundred msec to around 25-30)
# You may need to adjust this depending on the amount of free space you have
# This forces Dnsmasq to query each of the DNS servers below in the order they appear, rather than randomly (default)
server=126.96.36.199 # Google DNS, but can be anything you prefer
I went through all the hoops getting this up and running. One thing that threw me off others may find helpful is that the command " sh adblock.sh -s2 " works and is equivalent to the " ./ adblock.sh -s2 " used in the OP. I had to be able to use either command after testing multiple older (r36000 to r39000) builds on an wndr3700r4 and an archer c7v2 (ac1750).
What I can suggest is saving your config or jotting it down and trying some different (older) builds for your router. Don't reset after flashing and when you find a build that seems to work after some period, then reset to default.
I searched for methods to enable more detailed logging or how to look through (what to look for in) the directories on the router to debug certain processes and couldn't find anything useful and actually found that to get any more detailed logging is disabled or unavailable in dd-wrt.
I did a time cost benefit analysis and determined trying new builds would be faster than struggling to understand all the ins and outs of a dd-wrt process and how to debug it.
After bugs with different builds, I ended up getting it running nicely on a wndr3700r4 build r36410 with services:
-usb core support working
-/jffs and /opt mounted properly at each startup
-local DNS working and not overloading CPU
-Upnp working and not dying and restarting
-wireless tested working (but is disabled)
-mpdomains coping over to /jffs/dnsmasq/mpdomains after adblock.sh downloads it
-conf-file=/jffs/dnsmasq/mpdomains not overloading CPU after adding it to Services -> Additional Dnsmasq Options window.