R6700v3 CPU Capping on DD-WRT (Resolved)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
CowORoute
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 16:37    Post subject: R6700v3 CPU Capping on DD-WRT (Resolved) Reply with quote
I've got this router running w0 in repeater mode, but NOT bridged. So using w0 to connect to WAN through another network and w0.1 and w1 to provide access to client devices.

I just pulled the latest build and it's been a bit unstable (crashes on applying wifi settings changes sometimes) and now, although it's working, it's capped out the CPU and got it running hot.

My questions are
1. Can you recommend a change of settings?
2. Can you recommend a more stable build?
3. Is there anything I should do before working around this to help devs diagnose it?

Thanks!
- Cow

Selection_057.png
 Description:
Wifi settings
 Filesize:  75.71 KB
 Viewed:  516 Time(s)

Selection_057.png

Selection_056.png
 Description:
Status Panel
 Filesize:  52.55 KB
 Viewed:  516 Time(s)

Selection_056.png

Last edited by CowORoute on Thu Nov 21, 2019 18:20; edited 2 times in total
Sponsor
CowORoute
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 16:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update: top disagrees with the status panel, but /proc/dmu/temperature reports 902 / 90.2 C which seems way too hot?

Router is sitting on a flat surface in a cool room.

Selection_058.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  87.88 KB
 Viewed:  513 Time(s)

Selection_058.png

CowORoute
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did a 30-30-30 reset and things seem to be running better at the moment. Was still running CPU temps in the 80s but it sounds like maybe the heatsink on the R6700v3 just isn't that good and it does that. Putting a fan under it brought the temp down into the 50s.

I had formerly done a simple 7-second reset after installing DD-WRT because I read somewhere a warning against the 30-30-30 on some Netgears but I didn't find any such warning on the Peacock sticky so I gave it a shot. Putting "Resolved" in the title for now and will post back if problems recur.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: