New build: DD-WRT v3.0 --- 31277 - 07/02/2017

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
jaskerx
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 24 Aug 2016
Posts: 31

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 13:17    Post subject: New build: DD-WRT v3.0 --- 31277 - 07/02/2017 Reply with quote
This build thread is for reporting successes and problem with loading this experimental test build. This is important info for developers and users. Always state your hardware and SPECIFIC build (e.g. 29000_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega-nv64k.bin). Do not ask questions about your specific router or how to configure it in this thread; create your own thread to discuss any specific problems you have or need resolved. Please also do not respond to such questions. This thread is to report info, not to seek it. Posts that do not add to understanding this build will be deleted. Make sure you know how to flash properly and the risk before using this build. It is important to adhere to these requirements, to keep this thread from becoming impossibly long and useless. If you don't know what build to flash and how to flash properly and have a means of recovery if things should go wrong, do NOT flash this experimental test build.

Your reports for Broadcom units are highly appreciated !
Router:
Firmware:
Kernel:
Status:
Reset:
Errors:
Sponsor
jaskerx
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 24 Aug 2016
Posts: 31

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router: R7000
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r31277 std (02/07/17)
Kernel: Linux 4.4.47 #1182 SMP Mon Feb 6 17:11:42 CET 2017 armv7l
Status: Working
Reset: No
Errors: None so far

Working better than the last build was able to get WAN IP. OpenVPN Wouldn't start had to put proto udp4 in the additional config. The only anomaly I notice is the higher than normal load average 1.21, 1.14, 0.85.

Thanks Brainslayer.
snooze7555
Donator


Joined: 08 Jun 2006
Posts: 256
Location: Netherlands, Hengelo ov

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router: E2000
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r31277 std (02/07/17)
Kernel: Linux 3.10.105-rc1 #13594 Tue Feb 7 09:11:42 CET 2017 mips
Status: Working
Reset: No
Errors: None so far


Router: E3000
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r31277 std (02/07/17)
Kernel: Linux 3.10.105-rc1 #13594 Tue Feb 7 09:11:42 CET 2017 mips
Status: Working
Reset: No
Errors: None so far

E2000 working as access point
E3000 working as access point ,VPN server and Guest wireless

_________________

1 E3000 AND 1 E2000 WPA2 AES
DD-WRT v3.0-r31277
koala
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 30 Dec 2016
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router: TL-WDR4900 v1
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r31277 std (02/07/17)
Kernel: Linux 4.4.47 #179 Tue Feb 7 07:37:42 CET 2017 ppc
Status: Failed
Reset:
Errors: - Failed to get WAN IP.
- Failed to webrevert to TP-Link firmware.
- Failed to rollback to DDWRT_v3.0 (12-15-2016-r30949).

TL-WDR4900 v1 was used as wireless router but now stucked with no WAN connection.
slobodan
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Nov 2011
Posts: 1551
Location: Zwolle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router: Linksys E3000 (formerly WRT610N V2)
Firmware: dd-wrt.v24-31277_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-e3000.bin
Kernel: 3.10.105-rc1
Reset: no
Errors: no.
Note: use it as switch and AP.

Router: Linksys E4200 V1
Firmware: dd-wrt.v24-31277_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-e3000.bin
Kernel: 3.10.105-rc1
Reset: no
Errors: no.
Note: use it as switch and AP.

_________________
2 times RT-AC56U running 33772 with entware-ng, Yamon 3 (SFE disabled).

Asus RT-N16 running Merlin LTS fork RT-N16_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-25E8j9527.trx with entware-ng.

2 times Asus RT-N16 running dd-wrt.v24-33772_NEWD-2_K3.x_big.bin with entware-ng

E4200 V1 running dd-wrt.v24-33772_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-e3000.bin

3 times Linksys WRT610N V2 converted to E3000 and 1 original E3000 running dd-wrt.v24-33772_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-e3000.bin (bridged with LAN cable)

Ambidexter
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 07 Feb 2017
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 23:44    Post subject: Upgraded WRT3200AGM to r31277 Reply with quote
Hi,

Just uploaded DD-WRT v3.0-r31277 std (02/07/17) to my WRT3200AGM. Needed this as prev. version would just "stop talking" on wireless even though the interfaces were up.

Disabled WAN, and routing. Using as AP with one switch port connected to my LAN.

Router: WRT3200AGM
Kernel: Linux 3.18.47 #109 SMP Fri Jan 20 21:29:47 CET 2017 armv7l
Reset: no - just used webgui upgrade directly with no post load reset
Errors: No, upgrade was fine. Wifi is working with iPhone. More testing needed.

Speed pre-upgrade (v3.0-r31221 std 020117) would get me about 20-25 Mbps on a 330Mbps RCN cable modem. With new build, I'm getting 60Mbps. I'm at the same 15 feet line of site from the router. So, it's faster.

It also seemed like the GUI responded faster!

Cheers & thanks for the new version!

-Ambi
smapdi
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 11 Sep 2006
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
jaskerx wrote:
Router: R7000
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r31277 std (02/07/17)
Kernel: Linux 4.4.47 #1182 SMP Mon Feb 6 17:11:42 CET 2017 armv7l
Status: Working
Reset: No
Errors: None so far

Working better than the last build was able to get WAN IP. OpenVPN Wouldn't start had to put proto udp4 in the additional config. The only anomaly I notice is the higher than normal load average 1.21, 1.14, 0.85.

Thanks Brainslayer.


Do you have random WAN dropouts with this build? I don't know if the high utilization is a red herring but I had that on the previous build and random WAN drops after a few hours.
b0f
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 03 Apr 2014
Posts: 26

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router: Archer C9 v1
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r31277 std (02/07/17)
Previous: DD-WRT v3.0-r30949 std (12/15/16)
Status: Working as Router
Reset: No
Errors: None
Linux 4.4.47 #1184 SMP Tue Feb 7 05:31:44 CET 2017 armv7l

Router: Linksys es6900
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r31277 std (02/07/17)
Previous: DD-WRT v3.0-r31221 std (02/01/17)
Status: Working as AP
Reset: No
Errors: None
Kernel: Linux 4.4.46-rc1 #1152 SMP Wed Feb 1 06:46:05 CET 2017 armv7l
jaskerx
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 24 Aug 2016
Posts: 31

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
smapdi wrote:
jaskerx wrote:
Router: R7000
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r31277 std (02/07/17)
Kernel: Linux 4.4.47 #1182 SMP Mon Feb 6 17:11:42 CET 2017 armv7l
Status: Working
Reset: No
Errors: None so far

Working better than the last build was able to get WAN IP. OpenVPN Wouldn't start had to put proto udp4 in the additional config. The only anomaly I notice is the higher than normal load average 1.21, 1.14, 0.85.

Thanks Brainslayer.


Do you have random WAN dropouts with this build? I don't know if the high utilization is a red herring but I had that on the previous build and random WAN drops after a few hours.


Nope no random dropouts so far although the load is stuck at 50% thanks to ebtables doing something with the tap1 interface.

1370 1369 root R 768 0.3 1 49.9 /usr/sbin/ebtables -t nat -D POSTROUTING -o tap1 --pkttype-type multicast -j DROP
smapdi
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 11 Sep 2006
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
jaskerx wrote:
smapdi wrote:
jaskerx wrote:
Router: R7000
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r31277 std (02/07/17)
Kernel: Linux 4.4.47 #1182 SMP Mon Feb 6 17:11:42 CET 2017 armv7l
Status: Working
Reset: No
Errors: None so far

Working better than the last build was able to get WAN IP. OpenVPN Wouldn't start had to put proto udp4 in the additional config. The only anomaly I notice is the higher than normal load average 1.21, 1.14, 0.85.

Thanks Brainslayer.


Do you have random WAN dropouts with this build? I don't know if the high utilization is a red herring but I had that on the previous build and random WAN drops after a few hours.


Nope no random dropouts so far although the load is stuck at 50% thanks to ebtables doing something with the tap1 interface.

1370 1369 root R 768 0.3 1 49.9 /usr/sbin/ebtables -t nat -D POSTROUTING -o tap1 --pkttype-type multicast -j DROP


Yeah, I was seeing that on the previous build as well. It's obviously something with OpenVPN 2.4
techpro2004
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 08 Jul 2016
Posts: 33

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router: asus rt-ac88u
previous: r30949
Firmware: r31221 and r31277
Status: update failed
Reset: no
Errors: just shows old build number on top right corner
Ambidexter
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 07 Feb 2017
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 19:51    Post subject: A few problems Reply with quote
So,


Router: WRT3200AGM
Kernel: Linux 3.18.47 #109 SMP Fri Jan 20 21:29:47 CET 2017 armv7l
Reset: no - just used webgui upgrade directly with no post load reset
Errors: Wireless stops. Box seemed to have frozen. Once I click on a tab in an existing browser session, uptime says 1 minute.

Also, NTP doesn't seem to be setting the time. What I may be getting wrong is how to set up the router for a 802.11ac iPhone/iPad network.

Is there a sticky about 802.11ac? I want the idevices that can do AC to use it, and if 2.4 or 5 is the best they can do, they should use that. But does that mean I set all 3 radios (really, a 2.4, a 5 and a bonded one)? I use WPA2 personal, with AES.

If I put an iPhone 5s next to the antennas, I get 100 Mbps...that should be AC but I can't tell. I'll have to get logging on.

Tnx,

-Ambi
danielfalci
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 12 Jan 2017
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
b0f wrote:
Router: Archer C9 v1
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r31277 std (02/07/17)
Previous: DD-WRT v3.0-r30949 std (12/15/16)
Status: Working as Router
Reset: No
Errors: None
Linux 4.4.47 #1184 SMP Tue Feb 7 05:31:44 CET 2017 armv7l

Router: Linksys es6900
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r31277 std (02/07/17)
Previous: DD-WRT v3.0-r31221 std (02/01/17)
Status: Working as AP
Reset: No
Errors: None
Kernel: Linux 4.4.46-rc1 #1152 SMP Wed Feb 1 06:46:05 CET 2017 armv7l


Hello b0f, are you using VPN clients and UBS/NAS on the Archer C9? Also, have you noticed any improvement?
coletrain
DD-WRT User


Joined: 01 Oct 2016
Posts: 148
Location: St.louis, MO USA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Change title from 7/2. To 2/7. FYI
_________________
[MAIN GATEWAY] Netgear R7000 DD-WRT v3.0-r33770M kongac (11/15/17)
[AP1-wired] Asus RT-AC68U - DD-WRT v3.0-r33770M kongac (11/15/17)
[AP2-wired] Asus RT-AC68RDD-WRT v3.0-r33770M kongac (11/15/17)
(switch) 1 AP WRT160N v3 - DD-WRT v3.0-r30731 mini (10/06/16)
==
YOU CAN'T STOP THE COLETRAIN BABY!
morgan12x
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 11 Feb 2017
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 15:55    Post subject: WRT1900AC v1 - No 5GHz Reply with quote
When upgrading from r31221 to r31277 the 5GHz band stops working. I can roll back to r31221 and it starts working again. This is on a Linksys WRT1900AC v1.
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum