Configuring dd-wrt OpenVPN client w/ PureVPN: Some Advice

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
drdedus
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi i tried the 2 openvpn methods and the *Applet* method i found in purevpn site without luck.

https://support.purevpn.com/article-categories/getting-started/router/ddwrt

i have a tp link 3600 with v3.0-r41027 09/13/19.

is there any suggestion or a working manual method?
is it my fault or the methods providing by purevpn are outdated?
Sponsor
sploit
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:43    Post subject: Sorry Guys Reply with quote
Sorry guys, my script is back up and working.
I had moved the vpnsetup directory to a different location and forgot it was linked to the forums.

Its all restored now and the script can be executed off the instructions on the first page of this thread

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:03    Post subject: Re: Sorry Guys Reply with quote
sploit wrote:
I had moved the vpnsetup directory to a different location and forgot it was linked to the forums.

Its all restored now and the script can be executed off the instructions on the first page of this thread

Hello,
this morning I installed the OpenVPN Client as described on page 1. All was working fine! Thank you very much for this workout here!
But now, I reboot my Archer C7 router and I can't establish a new connection any more. I see in the Status of the OPENVPN screen:
"W WARNING:: Your Certificate is not yet valid!"
And other warnings. Maybe PureVPN changed today the certificates?
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does your router show the correct time?
Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
Inky02
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
egc wrote:
Does your router show the correct time?

Oh Jesus, I configured some time ago a filter on my Fritzbox to block Internet for the kits. This was also active now for the router. Now everything is working again. Thank you very much for your hind! Very Happy
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Friendly reminder: Turning a how-to thread into a help desk thread will get it locked. Please open a new thread and link this one. I am not going to have this one turn into ~200 pages. It becomes too cumbersome to be of service to the community.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
noz1380
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wanted to let you guys know what I've found trying to sort my connection issues.

As we know the PureVPN processes are all terrible, so I tried the script on page 1, worked straight off the bat, although mine didnt reboot its self...

When i tried to change the server, nothing connecting. I read a little more, and one post says that PureVPN have been chaging certs, I know nothing of this other that spotting the guy had used a server name with a number 2 in the title, so i tried a couple of european servers, ensuring they have 2 in the link. All connects great.

Just wanted to let you guys know my findings.

Thank you so much for producing this script, and supporting. I have been trying on and off for 2 years to get this to work.

Thank you.
liberteus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 16:01    Post subject: Re: Sorry Guys Reply with quote
sploit wrote:

FYI to Asus AC1900p owners: I tested the script with very recent 43xxx betas and the router becomes unresponsive, web UI is unavailable (crashes once you click anything past the landing page). I lost all my other settings as to fix the above I had to fully reset the router to factory settings.

(and I'm not blaming sploit, I'm glad he put together and provided such a script! it just didnt work for me, and it's just a warning for other AC1900p owners)

Edit: out of curiosity, I downloaded the script, and instead of invoking it I just grabbed the required pieces and put the values on my own through dd-wrt UI. Got everything to work correctly.
eeff11
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can ExpressVPN applet be installed into netgear R7800?
Anyone tried?
silverwing23
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:49    Post subject: Re: Configuring dd-wrt OpenVPN client w/ PureVPN: Some Advic Reply with quote
sploit wrote:
EDIT: April 30th - 2019
Apparently Purevpn Changed stuff AGAIN without notification why.

They updated all their server certs to be universal and added some certs.

The Files with the Server Names and Certs used were taken from here, and you MUST use the server names from these files for the server you want to connect to. These servers are different from their old ones.

https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/heartbleed/router/Recommended-CA2.zip

The Install Script has been updated

Also, there was a small issue on my .com that was fixed if anyone had any problems connecting.

##############################################################################
Ok everyone, here is a freebie from my business https://sploitworks.com

PureVPN is such a rotten company I feel sorry for everyone.

This is a automated script to install PureVPN on your DDWRT Routers.

Make sure OpenVPN Client is Disabled and Your Router has a WAN connection so it can get out to my .com name and grab the file.

Before you begin: If you have been trying any other method on the internet, please factory reset your router. Most of those methods are out dated and install BS data on the router

DDWRT Tested as of 04-25-2019 (Brainslayer and Kongs)

And for you newbies out there, IF you are using this router as a secondary router, make sure the IP of the router IS not on the sameIP range as your primary if you are using the WAN port (Router Mode)

How to Install (This will install UDP)

1) Login to your DDWRT router and go to ADMINISTRATION... COMMANDS

Paste the following code into it.

Code:
eval `wget -q -O - http://sploitworks.com/vpnsetups/purevpn-has-rotten-manuals.swi`

2) The router will reboot.

3) When the router comes back up go to the SERVICES... VPN tab and enter your PureVPN username and password and also whatever server you want. Do not change anything else. AT ALL

You can find what OpenVPN server you want to use here
https://support.purevpn.com/vpn-servers

Also *** It is better to use the server IP than the server name. Ping the server name to get the server IP. Sometimes to DNS will not resolve it upon a disconnect.

4) Press Apply at the bottom of the page.

5) Reboot the Router

6) Now go to STATUS... OPENVPN

You should see "Connected Success"

How this script may fail.

1) If you dont have a internet connection (WAN) ... check the top right corner of the ddwrt screen. If you have all 0's (0.0.0.0) that means you dont have a internet connection.

2) If it installed the script / settings, and after your entered your username and password you still cant connect (Like a TLS Error) check your username and password again. Also make sure and reboot the router after you enter your username and pass.

3) Possibly using an outdated version of ddwrt with broken ssl.
DDWRT as of 04-25-2019 Works fine.

Enjoy

Let users in here know it worked for you and share your results.

I have automated scripts for all other Major VPN's (Top 25 like IPVanish, PrivateInternetAccess, StrongVPN, ExpressVPN, NordVPN, etc...) also, but I hustle them and they are also guaranteed to work.

Your Welcome

(Some Background on this)
I install these VPN's to compete with flashrouters.

I have built super powerful install scripts that don't do any of that crap. PureVPN was one of the harder ones to figure out. My scripts simply modify NVRAM variables for the openvpn client and commit the nvram.

I guarantee the installs of all the top 25 VPN providers and have a 1 liner eval code that installs them anywhere.

All of those scripts on all the websites should never be used on modern ddwrt. EVER.

And purevpn needs to get there $h1t together for real. Thats one of the worst of all the vpN companies

I am unable to user your link, says the server was not found.
fuuzzy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:03    Post subject: Re: Configuring dd-wrt OpenVPN client w/ PureVPN: Some Advic Reply with quote
sploit wrote:
EDIT: April 30th - 2019
Apparently Purevpn Changed stuff AGAIN without notification why.

They updated all their server certs to be universal and added some certs.

The Files with the Server Names and Certs used were taken from here, and you MUST use the server names from these files for the server you want to connect to. These servers are different from their old ones.

https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/heartbleed/router/Recommended-CA2.zip

The Install Script has been updated

Also, there was a small issue on my .com that was fixed if anyone had any problems connecting.

Ok everyone, here is a freebie from my business https://sploitworks.com

PureVPN is such a rotten company I feel sorry for everyone.

This is a automated script to install PureVPN on your DDWRT Routers.

Make sure OpenVPN Client is Disabled and Your Router has a WAN connection so it can get out to my .com name and grab the file.

Before you begin: If you have been trying any other method on the internet, please factory reset your router. Most of those methods are out dated and install BS data on the router

DDWRT Tested as of 04-25-2019 (Brainslayer and Kongs)

And for you newbies out there, IF you are using this router as a secondary router, make sure the IP of the router IS not on the sameIP range as your primary if you are using the WAN port (Router Mode)

How to Install (This will install UDP)

1) Login to your DDWRT router and go to ADMINISTRATION... COMMANDS

Paste the following code into it.

Code:
eval `wget -q -O - http://sploitworks.com/vpnsetups/purevpn-has-rotten-manuals.swi`

2) The router will reboot.

3) When the router comes back up go to the SERVICES... VPN tab and enter your PureVPN username and password and also whatever server you want. Do not change anything else. AT ALL

You can find what OpenVPN server you want to use here
https://support.purevpn.com/vpn-servers

Also *** It is better to use the server IP than the server name. Ping the server name to get the server IP. Sometimes to DNS will not resolve it upon a disconnect.

4) Press Apply at the bottom of the page.

5) Reboot the Router

6) Now go to STATUS... OPENVPN

You should see "Connected Success"

How this script may fail.

1) If you dont have a internet connection (WAN) ... check the top right corner of the ddwrt screen. If you have all 0's (0.0.0.0) that means you dont have a internet connection.

2) If it installed the script / settings, and after your entered your username and password you still cant connect (Like a TLS Error) check your username and password again. Also make sure and reboot the router after you enter your username and pass.

3) Possibly using an outdated version of ddwrt with broken ssl.
DDWRT as of 04-25-2019 Works fine.

Enjoy

Let users in here know it worked for you and share your results.

I have automated scripts for all other Major VPN's (Top 25 like IPVanish, PrivateInternetAccess, StrongVPN, ExpressVPN, NordVPN, etc...) also, but I hustle them and they are also guaranteed to work.

Your Welcome

(Some Background on this)
I install these VPN's to compete with flashrouters.

I have built super powerful install scripts that don't do any of that crap. PureVPN was one of the harder ones to figure out. My scripts simply modify NVRAM variables for the openvpn client and commit the nvram.

I guarantee the installs of all the top 25 VPN providers and have a 1 liner eval code that installs them anywhere.

All of those scripts on all the websites should never be used on modern ddwrt. EVER.

And purevpn needs to get there $h1t together for real. Thats one of the worst of all the vpN companies

Hi Thank you for the guide I tried today and didn't any where I am running Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r44715 std (11/03/20) on DIR 825 router any help would be great as purvpn is useless help here thank you in advance
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try to setup manually, although heavily outdated their instructions are a starting point:
https://support.purevpn.com/article-categories/getting-started/router/ddwrt

I am pretty sure you have to enable NAT and you can set username and password in the appropriate boxes

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
madgc8
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 18:13    Post subject: Updates? Reply with quote
Does anyone have any updates on how to get this working?

Tried the method in the OP, but I think that the script link is down. Also tried all methods on the PureVPN website to no avail.

I have contacted PureVPN support and if they can help me get it working, I will post the results here.
sploit
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 20:56    Post subject: Problems unknown Reply with quote
The script works perfect, and I dont get why people are having issues. I just had a guy thank me for the script working. Remember guys, you router has to have an active working WAN / Internet connection to grab the script from my server.
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I appreciate very much the contents of this thread, but it seems that both sploitworks.com and covertrouters.com are both down so no luck for me so far.. They have been down for at least several days - hope very much that this is not permanent!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 10 of 11
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: