WRT600N tracert exploit with stock Linksys firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
CryptoNews
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all;

Sad Sad Sad

I think my wrt600n is dead.... at least the Ethernet ports.

Tomorrow I'll try enter in the router using wifi ....

We'll keep you informed

Sad Sad Sad

Any way, thanks to all for the information posted

Regards
Sponsor
xanderx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Transient wrote:
crazycracker wrote:
i had this shit done yesterday but im still having trouble with the ethernet ports on this fucker dmesg sees the stupid things and ifconfig im gonna shot this thing soon if it doesnt start working right

Can we keep this thread on-topic please? If you're having a problem with your router, please start your own thread.

This thread is for those with "build 5" firmware that want to downgrade to "build 3".

I think that is a problem related to the downgrade.

I have verified and I have the same problem about Ethernet port, it's not a problem about the hardware because before the downgrade the Ethernet port work well, funny i have solved with wireless and now i have problem with wired!
I'll try to reset to factory default the router but first i need to test connectivity with the Ethernet.

Bye
xanderx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
CryptoNews wrote:
Hi all;

Sad Sad Sad

I think my wrt600n is dead.... at least the Ethernet ports.

Tomorrow I'll try enter in the router using wifi ....

We'll keep you informed

Sad Sad Sad

Any way, thanks to all for the information posted

Regards

no it is a firmware problem, you ll solve with time Wink anyway linksys don't have do a great job with this router.
nightwalk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 13:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
so the problem has not been solved yet!, if you downgrade to build 3 the ethernet ports dont work, is this the case even with the dd-wrt firmware?
CryptoNews
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 14:05    Post subject: It's not really dead Reply with quote
Confused

OK, I can access by WIFI .......
but after change to DD-WRT the Ethernet ports seem don't want work

I'm Ready to try / test to solve this problem but without your help my router is a brick.....

Thanks for your help

Regards
xanderx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
the important thing is that with build5 the ethernet port work fine, so we are sure that we don't have hardware problem but a software problem (s).
xanderx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
nightwalk wrote:
so the problem has not been solved yet!, if you downgrade to build 3 the ethernet ports dont work, is this the case even with the dd-wrt firmware?

yes ethernet port don't work but wireless connection don't have disconnection problem that build5 have.
demos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seems linksys have make some significant cost down changes on the v1.1?

some retailer like amazon & buy.com have a big prices drop on the wrt600n a week ago for just $155

but why some ppl with v1.1 build 3 firmware don't have the problem
marcmerlin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 16:32    Post subject: ethernet not working on 2.4 RC6.2? Reply with quote
nightwalk wrote:

Is there a chance that this is the same reason why I can't get to my freshly flashed WRT600N over ethernet either?
See: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=168326#168326
Transient
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you guys done a hard reset? I wonder if something is corrupt in nvram?
nightwalk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
i am now beginning to think, that the build 5 hardware and the build 3 hardware is different...i did not flash my build 5 unit yet, i need the ethernet ports more than the wireless...but the wireless is much appreciated also, does not work at the time being!...i have never seen a crappy product like this from linksys!
Transient
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
nightwalk wrote:
i am now beginning to think, that the build 5 hardware and the build 3 hardware is different...i did not flash my build 5 unit yet, i need the ethernet ports more than the wireless...but the wireless is much appreciated also, does not work at the time being!...i have never seen a crappy product like this from linksys!

It's possible. I saw another thread from someone asking how to dump a new firmware 1.01.36 build 3.

Maybe once he gets a dump of that you can try upgrading to that version to see if you get your ethernet ports back.
nightwalk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
my friend called me 20 minutes ago he had ordered 2 600n routers before and it came with build 3 and build 5...he opened the routers both of them and the hardware is different he said...so the firmware from new build 5 is not compatible in the other build 3 and vice versa! at the moment there is a new firmware out with named WRT600N_v1.01.36_build_3_20080229_FCC.zip

i cant find it on the net yet...
bigbambo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 20:21    Post subject: Re: ethernet not working on 2.4 RC6.2? Reply with quote
marcmerlin wrote:
nightwalk wrote:

Is there a chance that this is the same reason why I can't get to my freshly flashed WRT600N over ethernet either?
See: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=168326#168326

check that you are using a very recent build of dd-wrt. Previously, there was a problem with lan/wan ports not working on EKO builds due to an old driver. I had that problem with every EKO build up till a certain point (check the big wrt600n thread, i posted there regarding it working again)

good luck.
Transient
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 20:47    Post subject: Re: ethernet not working on 2.4 RC6.2? Reply with quote
bigbambo wrote:
check that you are using a very recent build of dd-wrt. Previously, there was a problem with lan/wan ports not working on EKO builds due to an old driver. I had that problem with every EKO build up till a certain point (check the big wrt600n thread, i posted there regarding it working again)

good luck.

Good point. Can someone please confirm whether or not it works when using the following firmware?

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-RC7-9414/Broadcom/dd-wrt.v24_mega_generic.bin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 21
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: