WRT600N tracert exploit with stock Linksys firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
malmo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:37    Post subject: Which image support Linksys WRT600N V1.1? Reply with quote
We know what image posted on this thred made by Braunslayer supports V1.1, but i red that some generic mega bild supports it too.
Is this image is ok for v1.1? and is traled?
downloads/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn9774/dd-wrt.v24-9774_NEWD_mega.bin
Sponsor
sharo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Install BS version first. Then update with mega build.
malmo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 15:46    Post subject: yeee but.... Reply with quote
yee but what mega built? generic?
jmh9072
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 16:59    Post subject: Re: yeee but.... Reply with quote
malmo wrote:
yee but what mega build? generic?

Yes.

Se7en is Darker...
rosewood
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm looking to try to get the fastest wireless link possible. Can I do a bridge with two of these, DD-WRT on the 5ghz band, and not be limited to 15mbps back to the LAN ports? What about just using the 2.4ghz band?

Thanks.
freddie802
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 13:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am running what appears to be version 1 and version 1.1 wrt600n with DD-WRT v24 (07/03/0Cool mega - build 9856M TNG Eko.

The v1.1 unit shows the sysinfo properly whereas the v1.0 shows sysinfo information with a lot of blanks.
has anyone else seen this? The speed on the v1 says 6.5 and the speed on the v1.1 says 130. The rx / tx on the v1 is blanks and the other has values in it.

Also both units on the sysinfo page under services show dhcp enabled when both units are set to dhcp forwarder.

does the wl0 support 300Mbps, I read that the wl1 (5Ghz) doesn't but what about the 2.4Ghz?

Freddie802
searcher61
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:00    Post subject: Re: Which image support Linksys WRT600N V1.1? Reply with quote
malmo wrote:
We know what image posted on this thred made by Braunslayer supports V1.1, but i red that some generic mega bild supports it too.
Is this image is ok for v1.1? and is traled?
downloads/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn9774/dd-wrt.v24-9774_NEWD_mega.bin

I have installed the "dd-wrt.v24-9774_NEWD_mega.bin" also...seems to work well for what I need. Why would you want to load the generic build?
nehril
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:03    Post subject: weird ip in default iptables? Reply with quote
i just flashed dd-wrt.v24-9856_NEWD_mega.bin (dowloaded from http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn9856) on my 600n and it's working pretty well. however when i ssh in after the install / reset to default settings i see the following listed in iptables:

Code:

root@gw:~# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source               destination         
ACCEPT     0    --  194.231.229.20       anywhere           
ACCEPT     0    --  212.65.2.116         anywhere           

which reverse resolve to
20.229.231.194.in-addr.arpa name = u12-20.dsl.vianetworks.de.

and

116.2.65.212.in-addr.arpa name = newmedia.bensheim.manet.de.

on my previous install (standard generic v24) I didnt have these entries. note that i flashed 9856 with the reset to defaults option and then subsequently did the reset button for 30 seconds reset, and these entries were still listed.

edit: google shows these ip addresses appear in the following sourcecode:

http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/changeset/6627?format=diff&new=6627

anybody have any idea where these addresses are coming from?
malmo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
I you look cloesly it's a port 0, for ping riqest. new media is DD-wrt. so if somone ping the roter from this IPs so the router will show acsses dinede, Not stelth.
Sublime865
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:44    Post subject: Thoughts and Considerations Reply with quote
Some things I made note of in the stock Linksys firmware (Things I never knew about because I always flashed out of box, but I wanted to peek). Keep in mind I come straight from WRT54G land (I love my v4!). Also these are pre-flash questions, I have not flashed yet and these are things on my mind before flashing. I will probably flash to find out, but if anyone has any info off the tops of their heads, please let me know!

1) Web Address
You can set a web address of the router (Haven.t used it yet, presumably you can put in "http://www.Google.com" and have Google.com bring you to your router, in your own network. My guess but it seems like that would be what it is. Haven't seen that in DD-WRT yet. Guessing its just intercepting DNS... Does that slow the device?

2)Dual (multiple) SSID
I read that DD-WRT now has multiple Virtual SSIDs. Is this configurable to radio band like in the stock firmware?

3)Radio Band (20,40MHZ)
For one of the radios you have the option of using 20 or 40 MHz. Dunno what that does, could someone explain? Haven't seen that in DD-WRT but haven't seen it in any other Linksys firmware either. In fact, most of these I haven't.

4)Seperate Security
You can configure seperate security schemes for each SSID. That may put a lot of load on the device if you have many SSIDs, I don't know the limit in DD-WRT as I haven't flashed yet, but I presume you can set up seperate security settings for each SSID?

5)Storage Link
Support for the USB port. This is going to make it a HELL of a lot easier to solder in a USB thumb drive inside the device instead of my SD card to multiple points in my WRT54G/GLs. As I understand it, DD-WRT supports it, but to a limited extent?

6)Disk Detail (Partition, FS, Capacity, Free Space, Create Share)
Does DD-WRT show/edit all this? Not in my WRT54G version (I'm also not running bleeding edge new DD-WRT, haven't needed to upgrade its so damn reliable), the one with the soldered in SD card. That would be handy to have in WRT54G land though ;)

7)Shared Disk IP (display name, partition, Shared Folder, edit, delete)
You can set the IP address of the shared disk(s) and Partition(s). Don't know about DD-WRT.

8)Media Server
I am assuming this works like my media servr on my laptop, my PS3 picks these up if so, and this would be HUGELY handy to have. ALL versions of DD-WRT for devices would be amazing with that.

9)FTP server
This can be installed onto DD-WRT but does not come stock. I never quite got mine working right, but thats because I have little idea what I am doing. I realize a couple hundred KB is huge when you have a 2/4/8MB ceiling, but pleeease? :)

10)User/Group management
You can edit user or group permissions for the file share. Haven't seen it in the GUI of DD-WRT yet (doable depending on FTP server you install as far as I know)+

These are all my non-programmer-unlimited-space thinking ideas. I don't know the difficulty of adding any of these, and therefore am only casually tossing them out there. I have a HUGE respect for all who work on DD-WRT (and Linux, and open source, etc etc) because I may not know how to do it, but based on the quality of DD-WRT (and again, other Open Source projects), I can guess that there is a HUGE amount of work involved, and also that saying that is probably a massive understatement. With that, I would like to say THANK YOU!!!!!! I have been using DD-WRT seemingly forever. I switched from Hyper-WRT (after 3 days of use =P ) ages ago, and am loving it.
Sublime865
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Some things I made note of in the stock Linksys firmware (Things I never knew about because I always flashed out of box, but I wanted to peek). Keep in mind I come straight from WRT54G land (I love my v4!). I have flashed to dd-wrt.v24-9774_NEWD_mega_wrt600n and these are the answers to the best of my ability. Keep in mind I'm on a time crunch today and am rushing. I *might* overlook something, sorry.

1) Web Address
Gives your router a domain name findable on internal network, couldn't find it in current DD-WRT.

2)Dual (multiple) SSID
Each radio band can have its own SSIDs and VSSIDs. SWEET!

3)Radio Band (20,40MHZ)
Couldn't find it, oh well never knew what it was anyway =P Apparently it doubles my Wireless rate, it'd be nice to have but I don't do much computer-to-computer, my PS3 doesn't support Wireless N, and my ComCRAP cable line will never reach 1/5th the speed of the slowest this router can go. As I said, it'd be nice to have but is not a high priority for *me*, someone whom has little to no say on the matter ;)

4)Seperate Security
Indeed seperate security settings. The hardware must be pretty solid to power through that!

5)Storage Link (USB)
Under Services, including USB 2.0, Storage, ext2/ext3/FAT filesystem support, and USB Printer (!!!) support. Will be tinkering with that when I have more time!! Print server capabilities?

6)Disk Detail (Partition, FS, Capacity, Free Space, Create Share)
Haven't played yet...

7)Shared Disk IP (display name, partition, Shared Folder, edit, delete)
See #6

8)Media Server
See #6 again

9)FTP server
I'm sorry I don't have time to tinker (or any of my USB drives handy) but it would be super-sweet if there were like VSFTPD support or something in the GUI as I never got my startup script to work on my WRT54Gs... Time to go donate and hope ;)

10)User/Group management
Couldn't find the option.

Question, is the SES/AOSS/EZ-SETUP Button option in services configured to work with the "Reserved" button on the WRT600N? I LOVE that on my WRT54GL being able to turn off the radio. *edit* got of my lazy butt and tried it to no avail, is that on the roadmap?

Also of note I saw the MIMO support, among *MANY* other new (to me) features. I am now off to paypal, I feel bad for not already being a doner. Thanks to all who slave over this amazing firmware!
stevezemlicka
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Using the mega build posted here by BS, I cannot seem to set the 5ghz radio into N only mode. Anybody else having that problem?
jmh9072
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
stevezemlicka wrote:
Using the mega build posted here by BS, I cannot seem to set the 5ghz radio into N only mode. Anybody else having that problem?
Upgrade to the latest version. Hard reset afterward.
Se7en is Darker...
stevezemlicka
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
so the generic works for the v1.1 router, correct?
jmh9072
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
stevezemlicka wrote:
so the generic works for the v1.1 router, correct?

Yes, once you're using dd-wrt, you can flash generic images instead of the model specific ones.

Se7en is Darker...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19, 20, 21  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 16 of 21
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: