WRT54g v 6 problems flashing dd-wrt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
djmeistro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:03    Post subject: WRT54g v 6 problems flashing dd-wrt Reply with quote
heres my short story... i had dd-wrt with sp23 running on my router fine. I decided to upgrade to v24 and it was working for sometime before it stopped working ( i figured out maybe i should have cloned my mac address to fix that problem). Anyways, i reverted back to the linksys firmware from their website and was trying to reflash dd-wrt... but everytime i try to upgrade the firmware (starting with vxworks_prep_v03) the browser says "connection interupted" or something to that effect. I have tried with both IE and firefox. Plus, i tried getting some internet through my linksys firmware router and it doesn't work... any suggestions?
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:50    Post subject: Re: WRT54g v 6 problems flashing dd-wrt Reply with quote
djmeistro wrote:
heres my short story... i had dd-wrt with sp23 running on my router fine. I decided to upgrade to v24 and it was working for sometime before it stopped working ( i figured out maybe i should have cloned my mac address to fix that problem). Anyways, i reverted back to the linksys firmware from their website and was trying to reflash dd-wrt... but everytime i try to upgrade the firmware (starting with vxworks_prep_v03) the browser says "connection interupted" or something to that effect. I have tried with both IE and firefox. Plus, i tried getting some internet through my linksys firmware router and it doesn't work... any suggestions?

Did you follow the revert process for a V5/V6 unit. You can't just put linksys firmware back on a V5/V6 dd-wrt loaded router. You have to use a revert process found here.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Version_5_And_6_Router_Information#Can_I_go_back_to_default_firmware

redhawk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes i did follow the instructions... the linksys firmware loads the router's pages and stuff when i connect to the gateway.. but i doesn't let internet through and i can't flash it back to dd-wrt
djmeistro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
anyone? i tried re-flashing a linksys firmware again and the browsers still say connection interupted... please help
Tornado
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
So, your saying you cannot even load linksys firmware on it, and its running linksys firmware ?

What version exactly of linksys firmware ?

My preferred parallel jtag adapter:
TIAO Parallel adapter

Tjtag website - http://tjtag.com

Compiling DD-WRT on:
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3926.667 Mhz

Aptosid X64 - Debian SID X64
Ubuntu 10.10 X64 - Arch X64
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: