Joined: 19 Jun 2019
|Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 23:51 Post subject: Multicast didn't work on Asus RT-N16
I upgraded my router in Apr 2019. After that, multicast didn't work any more. Had sometime in the past few days, tried different builds, settings etc, found out how to consistently reproduce the issue, but don't know how to fix it.
The multicast I tried:
1. Casting youtube app on Android phone to a Vizio smart TV.
2. Connect AUDIO PRO apps on Android phone to Audio Pro Addon C10 wireless speaker.
My router is Asus RT-N16, which has Broadcom BCM4716 chip rev 1.
Multicast works on "DD-WRT v3.0-r33525 big (10/17/17)", but not on "DD-WRT v3.0-r36527 big (08/09/1" and "DD-WRT v3.0-r40048 big (06/16/19)".
Here are the steps to reproduce the issue with 40048 build:
1. Flashed to DD-WRT v3.0-r40048 big (06/16/19) with factory reset.
2. After reboot, accessed to web GUI and change user name, password. Wi-Fi was dd-wrt without password.
3. Confirmed my TV, speaker and phone connected to the same Wi-Fi with Internet access.
4. Tested multicast. It worked fine with both devices.
5. Changed Wireless security mode to WPA2-PSK, WPA Algorithms to AES, added WPS Shared Key.
6. Reboot the router.
7. Confirmed my TV, speaker and phone connected to the same Wi-Fi with Internet access.
8. Tested multicast. It didn't work with both devices.
Acoording to this URL, multicast was broken on 10/20/2017 or 10/25/2017 builds. I did't try those builds, but I can confirm 10/17/2017 build worked.
Any assistance is much appreciated.