Pi-Hole in DD-WRT

Rockvole
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 21:04    Post subject: Pi-Hole in DD-WRT Reply with quote
DD-WRT has a great set of features, but the enhancement I would like most would be a Pi-Hole tab to provide easy ad / tracker blocking.

I think only modern routers would be powerful enough, like the Buffalo Airstation N300.
Sponsor
Rockvole
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
For more information, here is their GitHub page : https://github.com/pi-hole/pi-hole

It was written to be installed on a Raspberry Pi device, but works just as well on a linux machine. It has a really nice, easy to use interface which is why I think it would be a great choice to be part of DD-WRT.
SirSilentBob
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
What work, if any, have you done towards modifying the scripts to run on DD-WRT on a USB device? The internal Lighttpd should be suitable to run the web interface on, and of course an external dnsmasq.conf file can be placed in /jffs/etc to configure the internal dnsmasq server.

Netgear R6700 (Un-opened with stock. My backup/emergency router if the R7000 takes a dump...)

2x Buffalo WHR-HP-GN 28493 (Used for 2.4 Ghz bridge when needed.)

Asus WL-500g Premium (1x v1 & 1x v2) (Still have, but retired for now.)

1x Linksys WRT54G v8 >>DD-WRT v24SP1 (The other routers needed something to point at and make fun of.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: