wrt3200ac usb drive support help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
bluestreak007marko
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:07    Post subject: wrt3200ac usb drive support help Reply with quote
I have flashed my wrt3200ac with the ddwrt software. I connected a usb 3.0 powered hdd & went into the services , then usb enabled the hdd feature, but cannot see my hdd. Is there a tutorial or anyone know how to make the drive show up on my network?
Sponsor
ghb51
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:12    Post subject: Re: wrt3200ac usb drive support help Reply with quote
bluestreak007marko wrote:
I have flashed my wrt3200ac with the ddwrt software. I connected a usb 3.0 powered hdd & went into the services , then usb enabled the hdd feature, but cannot see my hdd. Is there a tutorial or anyone know how to make the drive show up on my network?

Go to Services>USB and look at Disk Info, make a note of the mount point of your drive, for example if it's the only drive attached it should say mounted at /tmp/mnt/sda1. Then go to Services>NAS and enable Samba, for Workgroup enter WORKGROUP, then scroll down to File Sharing and click the drop down menu for Path, find the mount point of your drive (in this example it's /mnt/sda1), if you have a particular file you want it to point to, put that in the Subdirectory, if not leave Subdirectory blank and name your drive whatever you want. If you want everyone on your network to have access to the drive check Public, if not leave Public unchecked and Add a User which is directly below Add Share.
bluestreak007marko
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:03    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote
Thanks, I got it working like a charm!!!
goodspeed:|
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 0:26    Post subject: Re: Thanks! Reply with quote
[quote="bluestreak007marko"]Thanks, I got it working like a charm!!![/quote]
How is the transfer speed?

I get a little over 50megabyte/s with a usb3 flash drive accessed over 5ghz 1.3megabits connection on stock.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: