Asus RT-AC66U stuck after CFE downgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
jackbauer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 16:12    Post subject: Asus RT-AC66U stuck after CFE downgrade Reply with quote
I have an Asus RT-AC66U HW v. B1 1.5.0 that I downgraded from CFE 1.0.2.0 (US) to 1.0.1.8 (US) using the instructions here: https://tosiek.pl/asus-rt-ac66u-cfe-and-dd-wrt-on-hw-version-b0/

After downgrading the CFE the router is no longer accessible. When powering on it, the WAN, LAN 1 and LAN 2 instantly light up and stay solid.

I did take a backup of the original CFE, but I can't seem to find any steps on how to restore it (assuming there is a way).

Any ideas?
Sponsor
brandonk10
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the same issue. From my research, the only way to fix it on this model is to reprogram the SPI flash chip with the CFE using an SPI programmer. Only a handful of people have reported being able to do this. I am going to attempt this in a few weeks to see if I can bring mine back to life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: