Repeater mode for my liksys wrt1200ac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
xrklvs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 19:49    Post subject: Repeater mode for my liksys wrt1200ac Reply with quote
Hello,

I just bought a wrt1200ac and installed dd-dwrt in it (version v3.0-r30796). I am trying to set it in repeater mode and get it connected with some wifi networks. Like a wifi extender. It's hard to setup it. I found that the values in the dropdownlist of Wireless Mode in wireless physical interfaces has changed. I see no repeated mode value. I only get this:
Ap
Client
Client Bridge (Routed)
Adhoc
WDS Station
WDS AP

Is there any manual to help me configure this cause I didn't find any.
Sponsor
goodspeed:|
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I dont have the wrt1200ac,but i would suggest trying the latest beta 3880
ghb51
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:36    Post subject: Re: Repeater mode for my liksys wrt1200ac Reply with quote
xrklvs wrote:
Hello,

I just bought a wrt1200ac and installed dd-dwrt in it (version v3.0-r30796). I am trying to set it in repeater mode and get it connected with some wifi networks. Like a wifi extender. It's hard to setup it. I found that the values in the dropdownlist of Wireless Mode in wireless physical interfaces has changed. I see no repeated mode value. I only get this:
Ap
Client
Client Bridge (Routed)
Adhoc
WDS Station
WDS AP

Is there any manual to help me configure this cause I didn't find any.

Client/Client Bridged are the modes you'll want, here are the wikis on them -

https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Mode_Wireless

https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Bridged

A quick explanation is that Client is basically just Repeater under a different name and Client Bridged is almost the same as Client, the main difference being that all devices on the network can see each other.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: