TP-Link Archer C9 v3? (EU)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
simi22
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 22:39    Post subject: Archer C9 wifi stops broadcasting Reply with quote
Hello all ,

I have a bit of an issue, I have flashed an Archer C9 with Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r33986 std. It works perfectly, however, sometimes and very randomly the router stops broadcasting both 2.4 GHZ and 5 GHZ wifi signals. There is no way to turn the wifi broadcast back on accept for restarting the router by switching it off and on manually. When I look at the router before restarting it, the wifi lights are on along with the internet light.

See attached syslog. Does anyone have any ideas why it is doing this?

Router syslog.txt
 Description:
Syslog

Download
 Filename:  Router syslog.txt
 Filesize:  116.86 KB
 Downloaded:  262 Time(s)

Sponsor
gabirizescu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 20:44    Post subject: dd-wrt to stock Reply with quote
Can someone tell me what steps i have to do to revert my c9v4 to stock tp link firmware, please?
router: archer c9 v4
actual firmware: : DD-WRT v3.0-r35452 std (03/20/18)
The router it is not bricked, but after i read many posts i'm scared, so, i need your help.
trying to do the update through tftpd, router restarting and i have same dd-wrt firmware :(
yarsurus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
FYI: I spoke with Tp-link who informed me that I shouldn't have flashed with ddwrt since DDWRT simply won't allow the recovery methods to work back. He wasn't very nice, as he pretty much said I made a bad decision and I shouldn't have done that... Not very helpful.

Anyway, just wanted to put this here for those hopelessly trying to recover it using TFTP or webflash 192.168.0.2

I'm still trying (https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=282831&start=913) to get vlan+IPTV setup to work to no avail Sad
mondc10
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi guys, a novice here. Can you kindly direct me on a walkthrough in getting ddwrt on my v3 archer c9 router? I would like to give it a shot but seems there are conflicting comments, some say it works some say it doesn't. I would really appreciate a hand here, thanks in advance.
GoMixALot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 23:32    Post subject: Flash went well but keyword/url filterting does not work Reply with quote
I just flashed my new TP-Link Archer C9 (US) V3.0 and everything went well. I started a few versions back and kept going forward as the keyword and URL filter option is not working. It did not work in the latest three versions.

I have used it for years on another router and am wondering if there is an option required to be switched on somewhere now for it to work?

The time lock out option functions properly.

Currently Sitting at
DD-WRT v3.0-r36079 std (06/01/1Cool
chatziko
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I finally managed to recover from the brick caused by jffs2 (thanks TheDoc and other people who provided info!).

Does anyone have solutions to the following?

1. Is there a way to run a script when the "wifi" button at the side of the router is pressed?

2. Same for the WPS button at the back (I couldn't manage to make .sesbutton scripts work).

3. Is there a robust way to mount a usb drive under /jffs and use it for config/ipkg/etc, without triggering the brick? I tried it but bricked the router again, not sure exactly how (Ι think it was when I set nvram set sys_enable_jffs2=1 on startup).

Thanks in advance.

Kostas
dagcat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 19:03    Post subject: v4 and "Unable to upgrade" Reply with quote
Has anyone been able to successfully install to a v4 router? I have tried several different versions and keep receiving the error Unable to Upgrade when installing the factory-to-ddwrt.bin file.

Here is one of the versions I have tried without success:

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2017/12-04-2017-r33986/tplink_archer-c9v4/

Is there perhaps another source I should be using for an Archer C9 v4 router?

Thanks!
sinopsys
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:08    Post subject: Archer C9 V4 - last build rocks Reply with quote
Hello,

I just installed 06-29-2018-r36247 from:

https://dd-wrt.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?path=betas%2F2018%2F06-29-2018-r36247%2Ftplink_archer-c9v4%2F

on my unstable ARCHER C9 V4(EU) from stock firmware using factory-to-ddwrt.bin !

=> Works like a charm ! Great throughput on WIFI so far and no connection loss (while having many randoms with stock).

I thus confirm that statement in Ticket #6144 (https://svn.dd-wrt.com//ticket/6144) is correct and size issue is now solved at least for my brand.

Not testing jffs2 (no need).

Thank you DD-WRT team for this great work !
dagcat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 13:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just tried 36247 on my V4(US) and am still receiving the Unable to Upgrade message. It seems the US version doesn't recognize the factory-to-ddwrt.bin or thinks it is invalid.

Crying or Very sad
cmshap
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 19:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
dagcat wrote:
I just tried 36247 on my V4(US) and am still receiving the Unable to Upgrade message. It seems the US version doesn't recognize the factory-to-ddwrt.bin or thinks it is invalid.

Yes, same here. I wish I had read this before buying my C9v4(US).

It seems that it is some kind of lock in the factory firmware that prevents installing 3rd party firmware. I am wondering if it's possible to get past this by flashing via serial.
mccurly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 19:47    Post subject: Re: Archer C9 V4 - last build rocks Reply with quote
sinopsys wrote:
Hello,

I just installed 06-29-2018-r36247 from:
(...)

Hello, @sinopsys, can you please tell what was your starting point for the flash (I mean what EU firmware version did you have installed in the router before flashing the 29th june version).

Since I have the same model (v4 EU) as you and I am looking for a way to safely flash dd-wrt...

Did you flash the upgrade bin firmware after that?

Finally, how do you use your router? Is it your main LAN gateway/is it a repeater?

Thank you in advance.
deslatha
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
cmshap wrote:
dagcat wrote:

It seems that it is some kind of lock in the factory firmware that prevents installing 3rd party firmware. I am wondering if it's possible to get past this by flashing via serial.

first, you need to back up via serial port.
also you need to clear that v1 to v3 router has only 16mB storage, aka 25l128 or so.
v4 to v5 has 2 ic, 1 is 2mB spi 25l1605 or so then another one 128mB nand for firmware and nvram.
you can use a cheap program like CH341 to read and back up whole ic or through usb port , if anything wrong then you can restore easy directly by usb port. alot firmware now lock up to degrade or third party FW.
jubis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
deslatha wrote:
cmshap wrote:
dagcat wrote:

first, you need to back up via serial port.
also you need to clear that v1 to v3 router has only 16mB storage, aka 25l128 or so.
v4 to v5 has 2 ic, 1 is 2mB spi 25l1605 or so then another one 128mB nand for firmware and nvram.
you can use a cheap program like CH341 to read and back up whole ic or through usb port , if anything wrong then you can restore easy directly by usb port. alot firmware now lock up to degrade or third party FW.

I'm afraid this procedure is a little complicated for me. Any chance to have a workable factory-to-ddwrt.bin version to v4 US?
deslatha
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
jubis wrote:
cmshap wrote:
dagcat wrote:

I'm afraid this procedure is a little complicated for me. Any chance to have a workable factory-to-ddwrt.bin version to v4 US?

If router unable let you firmware upgrade to web-brower then you need to replace FW through linux command. it required serial console port which required open router. no other way. pm me if you need more help.
or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU8RyW82Z2M
jubis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
deslatha wrote:
If router unable let you firmware upgrade to web-brower then you need to replace FW through linux command. it required serial console port which required open router. no other way. pm me if you need more help.
or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU8RyW82Z2M

Thanks for your answers.
The link that you sent me has a procedure to unbrick the router. Is that your intention? Would be possible to use the procedure in the video to send dd-wrt firmware just changing the name to ArcherC9v*_tp_recovery.bin? I'm wondering why the web-browser works with the routers in EU region but not in US. EU firmware is newer than in US I didn't really believe that there is a hard lock in the US version perhaps the factory-to-ddwrt.bin only need a small adjust in order to work...

Regards,
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 9 of 10
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: