New RT-AC66U Hardware Revision - B1

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you format from Windows you see the unsupported partition, it is nothing to be concerned about.

DDWRT cannot read the disk if it is dirty, run chkdsk.

Unfortunately problems with Samba and with NTFS are not uncommon, they are a Work in Progress.

The latest build 46446 might be better but do not hold your breath.

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
Sponsor
mikeinnc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:45    Post subject: USB Thumdrive problems Reply with quote
Thanks for an honest assessment of the problems with USB support in DD-WRT. I must take issue, though - recall that I said that NTFS was the ONLY format that appeared to work. It certainly wasn't my first - or second or third etc - option! It's all too easy to state that 'an unsupported partition is nothing to be concerned about' but it sure creates a great deal of uncertainty. Why hasn't this been mentioned before? It was certainly never a problem with earlier builds. And best of all - all my drive formatting was done using GParted on a Linux Mint computer. Not a Windows machine in sight!! May I gently suggest that the problem doesn't appear to be 'with Samba and NTFS' - more the entire USB infrastructure!
Prvt_N00b
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
this is the way I did it.

1. download the latest available DDWRT firmware for the RT-N68U.

2. use WINscp to transfer over the file via SCP protocol to the router directly, I didn't change it to any other file/location.

3. Opened PUTTY, type it the router IP address, got into the router using SSH.

4. Ran the following comand: mtd-write2 WRITE FIRMWARE NAME HERE.trx linux && reboot linux && reboot

5. Waited like 10 mins then, shut it down and then cleared NVRAM via holding down WPS while the router was booting up.

6. BOOM enjoy.

the steps mentioned above also worked for my RT-N68U and my other one RT-N66U B1 model.

Best regards
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 13:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is a wiki for this device, no need to leave this thread open except for reference as linked in the wiki. Not going to have a thread grow to 200 pages for no logical reason. This device has never been given Official Support because nobody ever did the router support detection homework or donated hardware.

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_RT-AC66U_B1

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 5
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: