Client says it's connected...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
melvinp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 0:08    Post subject: Client says it's connected... Reply with quote
I hope this is in the correct forum. I have DD-WRT on my Linksys WRT1900ACS v2 (firmware build DD-WRT v3.0-r30796 std 10/25/16) in my home system and all my devices can connect to the router and get out on the internet, these are MacBook Pro, Windows 10, 3 Amazon Firestics, 2 iphones and 2 ipads. I have 2 Windows 10 machines and only one will connect and go to the internet. The Windows 10 machine that doesn't get out to the internet does say it's connected to the router but there's no internet. When looking into "Status" > "Sys Info" on the router DD-WRT control panel I can see all my other clients IP addresses and mac address but not the one Windows 10 machine that's not getting out on the internet. I do see some DHCP clients that I don't recognize and am wondering if there's a way I can force those client off the router and also is there a way I can manually connect this one machine to the router. I've uninstalled drivers, forget network and rebooted the Windows 10 machine and nothing works. I can connect this particular Windows 10 machine to a local hotspot and get out on the internet just fine so it doesn't appear to be any configuration errors on that machine. Looking at properties on the Win10 machine it displays the band as well as channel and I've been able to randomly connect to 2.4GHz and the 5GHz with no internet success. I'm less than a novice with router and have a back ground in NT admin years ago but never into anything like this. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. One more thing I can connect this Windows 10 machine to the router using Ethernet cable and it gets out fine.
Sponsor
melvinp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 16:48    Post subject: Problem Solved... Reply with quote
Just sat down to my Windows 10 machine that wasn't getting out on the internet and figured out what the problem was. Well it was OE (operator error). The Win10 machine was connecting to my backup router duh! which is named the same as my DD-WRT router. I tried doing a wifi 192.168.1.1 connection from the Win10 machine and that revealed it all. Short story shorter I disconnected power to the backup router and the Win10 machine connected to the correct router and internet right away. Should've figured it out when I wasn't seeing the mac address in my DD-WRT router. Oh well thanks for letting me post and thanks to anyone that gave it a thought.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: