1900AC v1 flashing white power light

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
stealthrt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:09    Post subject: 1900AC v1 flashing white power light Reply with quote
Hey all it seems that I flashed a bad firmware onto my WRT1900ac router. All it has been doing for awhile is blinking a white led for the power and has one white led for the one LAN that I have connected.

I've already tried this:
1. Assuming the router is on, turn it off.
2. Turn it back on... the power light will illuminate and then go out briefly as it prepares to boot. As soon as it goes out, turn it off again. Repeat this step three times, leaving the router on after the third time you turn it off.
3. Let it boot. It should return to stock after you let it boot.

and I still just have the blinking power light.

I think my last flash was: openwrt-15.05.1-mvebu-armada-xp-linksys-mamba-squashfs-factory.img so that may have done this? Though I did the WRT1900AC-ddwrt-to-factory.img.bin first before doing the openwrt one.

What can I do in order to return it back to stock firmware?
Sponsor
macsbug
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:15    Post subject: Re: 1900AC v1 flashing white power light Reply with quote
stealthrt wrote:
Hey all it seems that I flashed a bad firmware onto my WRT1900ac router. All it has been doing for awhile is blinking a white led for the power and has one white led for the one LAN that I have connected.

I've already tried this:
1. Assuming the router is on, turn it off.
2. Turn it back on... the power light will illuminate and then go out briefly as it prepares to boot. As soon as it goes out, turn it off again. Repeat this step three times, leaving the router on after the third time you turn it off.
3. Let it boot. It should return to stock after you let it boot.

and I still just have the blinking power light.

I think my last flash was: openwrt-15.05.1-mvebu-armada-xp-linksys-mamba-squashfs-factory.img so that may have done this? Though I did the WRT1900AC-ddwrt-to-factory.img.bin first before doing the openwrt one.

What can I do in order to return it back to stock firmware?

You got it 75% right..

You need to power off and then on 4 times. After that you leave it on, and it should boot into your previous firmware.

MacsBug

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code...

This post made with only 100% RECYCLED ELECTRONS!!
stealthrt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Doesnt seem to work. Just tried what you suggested.
macsbug
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
stealthrt wrote:
Doesnt seem to work. Just tried what you suggested.

Its a timing issue. It took me awhile to get used to doing this so that it works each time.

When you turn on the router, once the power light goes out you should quickly turn the power switch off and then on. Wait for the power light to cycle and then repeat 3 more times (for a total of 4 times). If you find that this doesn't work.. Power off the router, wait 30 seconds and try again.

MacsBug

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code...

This post made with only 100% RECYCLED ELECTRONS!!
stealthrt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
would someone be nice and let me know the steps needed to flash the firmware using the serial port way?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: