2.4ghz Band Block after 20 connections

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
yomen9
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:41    Post subject: 2.4ghz Band Block after 20 connections Reply with quote
Hi!

I've been working on this issue for more than a week and I'm totally desperate.
I've also been looking online for a solution but never came across someone having the same issue as I have.

I try to solve the issue by installing DD-WRT on 2 different routers, a D-Link 890L and a Netgear R8000.

Both of the routers resulted in the same issue.

The issue being that on the 2.4Ghz band (I didn't test on the 5ghz band) I cannot connect more than 20-21 clients at the same time.
After 20-21 one clients, every other device simply won't be able to connect.

I did upgrade both routers to last DD-WRT built, I also try to downgrade to an older built but it didn't solve the issue.

For the setting, I changed a lot of them without success, but the issue was also happening with a fresh reset.
The only thing I did after the factory reset was connecting the router to internet with my static Ip.

The most ridiculous thing is that it happen to both the R8000 and the D-link 890L.

I was sure that the issue would be fixed if I changed the router.

I really need some help to get my router working on more than 20 connection at a time (on the 2.4ghz)

Also, if the 2.4ghz band is loaded with 20-21 devices, the 5ghz band will still work.
But I never tried to connect more than 5 devices on the 5Ghz band.

By the way, bandwidth isn't the issue and the only thing the two router had in common was the static ip and Ethernet cable, which I doubt caused the issue.

Thank you so much for any help, it will be appreciated so much.

Have a nice day.
Sponsor
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
witch build you are currently on?
I do not share the same problem, also check your WI-FI settings and IP range settings i do have more than 20 devices on my R7000 and sometimes on my TP link from my signature...

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
yomen9
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alozaros wrote:
witch build you are currently on?
I do not share the same problem, also check your WI-FI settings and IP range settings i do have more than 20 devices on my R7000 and sometimes on my TP link from my signature...

I'm currently on the r30826 built, but I also tried on the r27490 and the r30805 built!

As for the setting, by ips range setting, you mean dhcp range? If yes, my dhcp range is over 100 devices, I also tried to assign each of the devices a static ip with their MAC, but no success either.
The devices would get their static ips but would still won't be able to connect after about 20 devices.

Also, which wifi setting should I actually check to fix that issue?
from my knowledge, my wifi setting looks okay, but maybe I'm missing something that causes the issue

When you say you have more than 20 devices connected on your r8000, is their more than 20 on the 2.4Ghz band?

Thank you so much for your help!
Hope we will find a way to fix this annoying problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: