Nighthawk X10 (R9000)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
giuliomagnifico
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
There's a fan inside

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/33046-netgear-r9000-nighthawk-x10-smart-wifi-router-reviewed
Sponsor
jonathanm1978
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well...I have a special version of the x10..

Let's just say...I saw the X10 WAAAAY before anyone knew what it looked like.

Thanks to those of us who did see it early, they included a fan because of the heat generation. I wasn't sure because they did not tell us either way before the end of testing.
ChuckleSteak
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, beta units did not include a fan. The heat issue was disclosed at the beginning of the beta test and the fan speed settings showed up in the debug page after a few weeks in a FW update.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
port to dd-wrt is almost done. or lets say alot of cosmetics still todo, but its working on my table

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
My bad, I bought and cancelled the R9000 order, when it came on sale on Amazon for $375 on Dec-6-2016.
Never thought that the dd-wrt support could come so soon.
Thanks a lot! BS & Kong.
Looking for one now Smile
ssdnvv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
port to dd-wrt is almost done. or lets say alot of cosmetics still todo, but its working on my table

What about LACP and the SFP+-Port? Do they work? And is the 60GHz-Network configurable (in my case: can I deactivate it as it is of no use for me)?
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 0:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:

have u tried 802.11ad? if so hows the range, is it really complete crap?

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55488 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55460 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have tried 802.11ad just virtually. i dont have any peer device to test it. as far as i know it only supports p2p modes and i dont expect a range higher than 10 meters. from implementation side there is still something todo in dd-wrt to support the 3 60 ghz frequencies in gui. right now i'm still finishing the hardware configuration code. need to find out how the 2 switches work which are build in. 1 is for the wan port and 1 is for the 6 switch ports. its really weired designed internally. the first switch just connects the internal phy with the wan port but is configured using a second phy which is used for the lan ports. about the sfp port, it seems to work but i dont have a gbic here to test it. but i can do this in my company later as soon as the rest is finished. about LACP i dont have made any research yet. still unclear if it makes sense to support this on this router and would also make the switch configuration more complex

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
update on LACP. netgear just used the linux bonding driver for this feature. this driver and feature is available in dd-wrt since a long time

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
jonathanm1978 wrote:

Thanks to those of us who did see it early, they included a fan because of the heat generation. I wasn't sure because they did not tell us either way before the end of testing.

Another question (also to the developers, if they took apart the router) - is it possible to replace the 60GHz-module, or is it soldered to the mainboard?
ssdnvv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
about the sfp port, it seems to work but i dont have a gbic here to test it. but i can do this in my company later as soon as the rest is finished.

That would be absolutely great!

BrainSlayer wrote:
update on LACP. netgear just used the linux bonding driver for this feature. this driver and feature is available in dd-wrt since a long time

Does that mean you only have to insert two cables from another machine (in my case a linux server using two separate LAN-cards) in order to make it work? Or is there more configuration needed? If so - would you write a wiki entry for this (as bonding is only written for wifi atm: https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Bonding)?
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
ssdnvv wrote:
jonathanm1978 wrote:

Another question (also to the developers, if they took apart the router) - is it possible to replace the 60GHz-module, or is it soldered to the mainboard?

soldered

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
ssdnvv wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:
about the sfp port, it seems to work but i dont have a gbic here to test it. but i can do this in my company later as soon as the rest is finished.

BrainSlayer wrote:

Does that mean you only have to insert two cables from another machine (in my case a linux server using two separate LAN-cards) in order to make it work? Or is there more configuration needed? If so - would you write a wiki entry for this (as bonding is only written for wifi atm: https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Bonding)?

the bonding configuration can take any interface. the same instructions work for ethernet. let me finish my work, then i can go more deeper inside. right now i still have ethernet problems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
ssdnvv wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:

BrainSlayer wrote:

the bonding configuration can take any interface. the same instructions work for ethernet. let me finish my work, then i can go more deeper inside. right now i still have ethernet problems

Thanks for the answers and sry for the disturbance. Is it possible to donate in order to support your work?

edit: donated 20€.

Last edited by ssdnvv on Sat Feb 11, 2017 16:54; edited 1 time in total
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 15:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
always. see our donation instructions on our website

Navigation

Jump to: