WRT32x - device freeze after apply WiFi security settings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
bobeid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 15:45    Post subject: WRT32x - device freeze after apply WiFi security settings Reply with quote
Dear gentlemen,

After some time with openWRT, I switched to DD-WRT.

Procedure I have done is:
Reset open-wrt to default
1. reset open-wrt to default settings.
2. rebooting to stock partition
3. firmware upgrade with "FW_WRT32X_1.0.666_DDWRT.img" thus override openwrt partition with dd-wrt initial image.
4. booting into dd-wrt, setting pass
5. switch partition to alternate
6. update initial dd-wrt with r40554 release "FW_WRT32X_1.0.666_DDWRT.img"
7. All good, set wifi with no pass -> able to connect to router wirelessly ..., everything worked.
8. Setting security options WPA Personal +WPA 2 Personal + WPA 3 Personal. On submit router frozen, not able to respond to link .. nothing.
9. manually rebooted router ... came back, able to access the UI via UTP, WIFI seemed active, but completely not being seen by any device.

I have tried multiple combinations, reflash, nvram resets ... nothing, every time I touch security settings, either becomes frozen, either there is a problem.

Small additional information:
I had DD-WRT installed, and fully functional, but due to some ... junior misunderstandings I managed also to flash both partitions with dd-wrt and then return to stock firmware on the 2nd partition and open-wrt on 1st partition. The dd-wrt is now installed on the 1st partition, where OpenWrt was installed.

Now ... please advice on how to solve this issue, please. Smile

Update 2.1:
I have remade the whole setup:
Partition 1: official stock firmware for wrt32x
Partition 2: DD-WRT v3.0-r40559 std

Update 2.2:
so I have retried now with with just one AP to set the security options (WPA, WPA2, WPA3 all personal) + AES. On submit ... router froze. NOTHING .. this is becoming frustrating Sad(.

Update 2.3:
Combination WPA Personal (1,2,3) + WPA Ent (1,2,3) -> router not responsive

Update3:
I have managed to remove WPA3 Personal along with WPA Ent (1,2,3). I let only WPA Personal and WPA2 Personal and seems to work now.
However, I really would like to understand what is happening. HELP!
Sponsor
bobloadmire
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
mine does the same btw.
macbeth79
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
bobloadmire wrote:
mine does the same btw.

I'm in the same boat too. I got the wrt32x a few weeks ago due to the specs and checking that I can flash it to dd-wrt. I guess I did not do enough research before buying the router, as I am now finding out that no matter what settings I use, as soon as I enable the wireless security the router freezes and I can't connect to it. Even the wired connection becomes buggered up when the security is enabled.
Monza
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try checking only WPA2 Personal and CCMP-128 (AES) for both radios then save and apply settings.

IIRC a third radio (ath2) should remain disabled???
macbeth79
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Monza wrote:
Try checking only WPA2 Personal and CCMP-128 (AES) for both radios then save and apply settings.

IIRC a third radio (ath2) should remain disabled???

That's how I had it set up, except for checking the WPA Algorithm. The layout of my wrt1900acs is a little different, but I can't believe that I missed it. Anyways, thanks for pointing this out.
Monza
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
macbeth79 wrote:
Anyways, thanks for pointing this out.

Glad I could help =)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: