Netgear R6300v2 Advanced Debrick Notes By Sploit

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
ghoffman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
burnboardid is a command from stock netgear firmware. you can access it on the serial console or by using the old telnetenable command on older stock firmware versions.

the hdr0 for boardid means that a flash --noheader command was issued with an image that had a 'hdr0' header. the real image starts after the 32 byte header in a file that has a 'hdr0' header.
Sponsor
native_tx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
You already have a R6250 correct? That is the board_id for this model, why would you need to use burnboardid in the first place? If you are using the usb ttl adapter flash the tomato back to ofw, and when successful clear nvram, install netgear r6250 ofw, then clear nvram again after you back in to netgear firmware. If reinstalling netgear is your goal, but you are wanting to install dd-wrt this the way to do it.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
native_tx wrote:
You already have a R6250 correct? That is the board_id for this model, why would you need to use burnboardid in the first place? If you are using the usb ttl adapter flash the tomato back to ofw, and when successful clear nvram, install netgear r6250 ofw, then clear nvram again after you back in to netgear firmware. If reinstalling netgear is your goal, but you are wanting to install dd-wrt this the way to do it.

In his nvram show it says "board_id=HDR0" that's the boardid for the r6250? Really?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried this method:

CFE> flash -noheader 192.168.1.2:backofw.chk flash0.trx
Reading 192.168.1.2:backofw.chk: Done. 9965626 bytes read
Programming...done. 9965626 bytes written
*** command status = 0

CFE> nvram erase & reboot
*** command status = 0

CFE> flash -noheader 192.168.1.2:origin.chk flash0.trx
Reading 192.168.1.2:origin.chk: Done. 1135627 bytes read
Programming...done. 1135627 bytes written
*** command status = 0

CFE> nvram erase & reboot
*** command status = 0

nothing has changed, the router after booting goes into tftp mode and flashes green power indicator Crying or Very sad
native_tx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
native_tx wrote:

In his nvram show it says "board_id=HDR0" that's the boardid for the r6250? Really?

Right, I know that, I seen the same thing. I'm just saying that there is no need to do or use burnboardid, he is already in CFE, and my question is what is the backofw.chk or whole name? The one you should be using is R6250-back-to-ofw.trx is this one you have? During the whole process of flashing either by GUI or USB, tftp you have to give it time 3 mins is fine enough or 5 if you walk away be sure to clear nvram after all said and done maybe refresh your browser as well.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
After to flash it, type: go.
No nvram erase.
In cfe type: flash -noheader : nflash1.trx.
Nflash not flash.
If you type show devices in the cfe prompt, it will show nflash1.trx

I also prefer to use tftpd32 for uploading the firmware.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
No nvram erase.
Nflash not flash.

He may need to setup a tftp server when using this technique, from experience when I use openwrt/lede custom builds and using trx images/files.
Dry
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
all thanks for the help but none of the tips worked, we have a router with an eternally flashing green power indicator Crying or Very sad
native_tx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dry wrote:
all thanks for the help but none of the tips worked, we have a router with an eternally flashing green power indicator Crying or Very sad

So you have the USB adapter connected and using the flash -noheader : flash0.trx in this case you should be able to use a program called tftp.exe utility. Google and install it. You may not have used with the USB adapter for this procedure, you then setup the tftp.exe with the tomato firmware that was installed basically your going to reinstall it. You'll need to start the tftp.exe program when the router is being powered on so to catch the small window of opportunity for the packets to be caught by the router when the tftp.exe is executed. It may take few tries but you'll notice it when it catches and flashes and when successful let it sit for maybe 5 mins before trying to access keep the ping active to you may tell when there is activity. If successful and your able to login to Tomato go the clear nvram and let it boot, once up go to upgrade and use the toamto-back-to OFW for the R6250.IF this doesn't work you can still use the same technique with USB ttl adapter with those same commands and use the tftp.exe program with tomato firmware you had on AIO or VPN in the tftp.exe utility number of tries 10 start the util, start the command flash -noheader : nflash1.trx and if your successful do as I mentioned earlier to clear nvram, etc good luck
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have used tftpd32 client hundreds of times.
Tftp.exe doesn’t usually handle big sized files such as the dd-wrt files and netgear firmware.
I think he had exhausted all options. He may just have a unit with bad flash chip.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
I have used tftpd32 client hundreds of times.
Tftp.exe doesn’t usually handle big sized files such as the dd-wrt files and netgear firmware.
I think he had exhausted all options. He may just have a unit with bad flash chip.

None the less, it could be possible that a bad flash chip maybe at hand but we don't know, however tftp is always apart of recovery methods unless they change something and your no longer able to use that as a recovery effort to due the large sized images. I feel that the user just needs to get the techniques down correctly in order to say that it does or doesn't work for the device, and move on to buying a new supported router.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
He did try tftp. More than once. I have had routers that report a successful tftp transfer and then continue to be stuck in a “recovery” mode.
It doesn’t really matter which tftp program he/she used. The point is that more than one successful transfer has taken place with no change.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys I managed to restore the router Very Happy

Mini how to debrick Netgear R6250 from me

1. setup your computer ethernet adapter to use an IP in the same network e.g. 192.168.1.2
2. connect to router witch serial adapter by Putty (Windows) use pin: GND,RX,TX
3. run tftpd32.exe on computer in server mode

Enter the following commands:

4. flash -noheader 192.168.1.2:back-to-ofw.trx nflash1.trx (only .trx extension not .chk)
5. go
6. Bingo Wink router rebooted and started working in normal mode

I'm happy, thank you all for your help Very Happy

R56250-serial-connections_zps81203a56.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  105.04 KB
 Viewed:  4618 Time(s)

R56250-serial-connections_zps81203a56.jpg

Last edited by Dry on Wed May 30, 2018 9:59; edited 1 time in total
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
I told you it was nflash1.trx. See my post above. You were typing nflash1.chk? 😂

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
No nvram erase.
Nflash not flash.

Navigation

Jump to: