Static Route behind double NAT

bear4jc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 19:06    Post subject: Static Route behind double NAT Reply with quote
My setup:
DD-WRT router has WAN port connected to another router I do not control (double NAT). That router is connected to the public internet.
DD-WRT router is setup using PPTP which connects to a router at a remote property I own.
All devices that connect to my dd-wrt router successfully connect to my remote router and are able to get internet access through the remote router.

I need to be able to have a device connected to my dd-wrt router connect to the 1st router connected to the internet.

Main router: 192.168.0.1
DD-WRT router: 192.168.1.1
Remote Router: 192.168.2.1

I need device 192.168.1.35 to connect to 192.168.0.50
Please let me know how I can add route in dd-wrt to allow this connect while allowing all other traffic to go through the remote router.

Thanks
Sponsor
eibgrad
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
There shouldn't be any need to add a static route for the 192.168.0.0/24 network to the dd-wrt router since the router already knows about that network; it's already in its routing table, and it has to be, since its WAN is defined within the 192.168.0.0/24 network!

If you don't currently have access, it's more likely a firewall issue.

P.S. If I recall correctly (it's been ages since I used PPTP), the PPTP client has the option to allow/deny upstream access (it's effectively a kill switch). I believe it's the "Dual-Access mode" option.

ddwrt-ovpn-split-basic.sh (UPDATED!) * ddwrt-ovpn-split-advanced.sh (UPDATED!) * ddwrt-ovpn-client-killswitch.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-client-watchdog.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-remote-access.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-client-backup.sh * ddwrt-mount-usb-drives.sh * ddwrt-blacklist-domains.sh * ddwrt-wol-port-forward.sh * ddwrt-dns-monitor.sh (NEW!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: