2.4Ghz Wireless stopped broadcasting WRT1900AC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
jasonwhand
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:32    Post subject: 2.4Ghz Wireless stopped broadcasting WRT1900AC Reply with quote
I have tried to revert firmware, change to Brainslayer firmware from Kongs and after a day or two the 2.4 Ghz wireless network disappears and the UI shows channel for the 2.4 network 'unknown'. The light on the front of the router for the 2.4 also is out. I did a factory reset and then applied the backed up settings back to the router and everything went back to normal but only for a few days. I have both the 2.4 and 5 networks set for auto everything and Full 20mhz.

Anyone seen this behavior or have any idea how to get the 2.4 back?
Sponsor
Yemble
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:40    Post subject: Re: 2.4Ghz Wireless stopped broadcasting WRT1900AC Reply with quote
jasonwhand wrote:
I have tried to revert firmware, change to Brainslayer firmware from Kongs and after a day or two the 2.4 Ghz wireless network disappears and the UI shows channel for the 2.4 network 'unknown'. The light on the front of the router for the 2.4 also is out. I did a factory reset and then applied the backed up settings back to the router and everything went back to normal but only for a few days. I have both the 2.4 and 5 networks set for auto everything and Full 20mhz.

You should never use Auto for channel numbers with DD-WRT. Latest BS and Kong both work perfectly well when configured correctly.

There is a wealth of information about configuration within this forum. Suggest you do some research.
jasonwhand
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 15:11    Post subject: Re: 2.4Ghz Wireless stopped broadcasting WRT1900AC Reply with quote
Yemble wrote:
jasonwhand wrote:

You should never use Auto for channel numbers with DD-WRT. Latest BS and Kong both work perfectly well when configured correctly.

There is a wealth of information about configuration within this forum. Suggest you do some research.

Yemble, I have been doing a lot of research in these forums and there are multiple recommendations. What I was looking for was whether or not others were experiencing a similar issue with only the 2.4 ghz wifi dropping and turning off the light on the router. I find people having discussions all over the place about proper channel, width and extension settings but there is 0 consistency so I am experimenting but am looking for others that have had similar experience and what they might have tried that has worked.

It is always more helpful to either address the issue presented or say nothing instead of posting an unhelpful response.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: