WRT3200ACM??

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 196, 197, 198, 199  Next
pa3fat
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
don't have your wifi issues.
driver has been updates already some time ago.

with this brief info it is hard to help.
Sponsor
Dariusz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
pa3fat wrote:
don't have your wifi issues.
driver has been updates already some time ago.

with this brief info it is hard to help.

Hey

Yeah sorry, here are screens, anything else should be screnschoted?
https://imgur.com/a/CcKXlgq
pa3fat
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
why two regulatory domains US and UK?

nothing strange noticed. At local netwerk i have defined the gateway as .2.1. Probably works also without. Just i added it so it would show in all other dd-wrt screens.

Hope the experts step in at this point.
Dariusz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
pa3fat wrote:
why two regulatory domains US and UK?

nothing strange noticed. At local netwerk i have defined the gateway as .2.1. Probably works also without. Just i added it so it would show in all other dd-wrt screens.

Hope the experts step in at this point.

Hee did not notice, fixed. Thanks!

Maybe that was it somehow...
Sam1789
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dariusz

You need to include your basic information in your posts to start with. It will help you get responses.

what router, what build #, type of setup (WiFi, anything "fancy") etc

Also imgur.com is not the best place to share images. It seems to DEMAND that one allow ad-sites thru in order to even see the images. For instance, all I see is black from that link.

hth

wrt54GLs for ad'l 3rd tier machines.
htismaqe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 14:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
gufus wrote:
LookingForMyMojo wrote:
savagepagan wrote:
myersw wrote:
LookingForMyMojo wrote:
rotorr wrote:
Just wondering if there is any DD-WRT foru Guru out there who is still using WRT3200ACM? Mine is still working fine, but need to reboot from time to time. Otherwise, which router would you recommend to buy for a more stable/reliable router? Thx

My personal Opinion, Asus AC86U - RMerlin firmware.
No drops, no reboots, no issues.

After fighting with the WRT series since they released the WRT1900ACv1, I am surprised how much time I have on my hands running the Asus AC86U's instead.

I agree. No dealing with daily issues anymore with the ac86u as my network router.

Would you recommend the ac86u over the r7800?

A friend of mine loaned me his WRT3200ACM, to see if I could get it working decently. We swapped, I gave him one of my AC86U's to use in the meantime. Apparently, I now have to wait for him to buy an AC86U before I get mine back. lol..............

Use the 1900ac with the stable wifi driver. 06/06/2017
Works like always.

The 3200acm is basically the same wifi.

Using a year old firmware and never upgrading, especially given the speed at which cyber threats move today, really isn't a great option. Just saying. My WRT1900ACv1 is still on r31924 and can't be upgraded because the new builds don't work for various reasons. It will become a dedicated AP sometime next week.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
LookingForMyMojo wrote:
@gufus

Wrt's are crap compared to my AC86U's.

So far two issues with the AC86U, the first was a minor issue with erroneous reporting by the Network Map. I had one device listed as a dchp client but it was static. The other more concerning issue is memory leaks, after a week or so the memory usage spikes. I see my RAM usage go and remain at 76% at the 30 day uptime mark so not seeing that as a plus for the AC86U. The only workaround for this is going to be doing a weekly auto reboot. so much for the Asus's RAM management.

The current Asus uptime is only 9 days and its already pinned at 71% so it only has up to go from here. With all the problems the 3200 and dd-wrt may have had I never seen this in issue with the WRT family including the wrt1900's. I’m looking at my Linksys EA8500 running a Kong build just up over 6 days and its at 11% memory used which would have been typical of any of the WRT's I previously owned. The AC86U's RAM usage @ 71% after 9 days is almost laughable. After a reboot it usually hovers about 50% (which is also high) then after a few days gradually spikes... I like the Asus but rebooting it weekly to recover RAM isn't going to cut it.
pa3fat
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 17:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
my wrt3200acm has 38% ram usage.
Is your value giving issues? Or is it just a feeling that it is 'high'.

If it runs who cares, unless it would prevent full systems options being able to run.

You did not mention this.
Just let it run.
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ pa3fat yep, had issues with the voip adapter cutting out until I rebooted it. Also I was not able to reboot it from the web interface because it was inaccessible so had to ssh in to reboot it. So yea not just feeling that it was “high” something else is going on. I'll update my ticket with Asus because I just tried again to get in thru the web interface and no go, letting it "just run" is not an option....
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
05dyna wrote:
LookingForMyMojo wrote:
@gufus

Wrt's are crap compared to my AC86U's.

So far two issues with the AC86U, the first was a minor issue with erroneous reporting by the Network Map. I had one device listed as a dchp client but it was static. The other more concerning issue is memory leaks, after a week or so the memory usage spikes.

@05dyna
Are you running stock Asus firmware or RMerlin builds. I had an uptime of 44 days on my ac86u and that reboot was to load a new firmware. I do not see the issues that you are running RMerlin. My ac86u just works.

@LookingForMyMojo
Could not agree more. Not using it due to firmware issues, but the Netgear r8000p was much faster throughput then the wrt3200acm I had on my simple iperf test. AC86U just runs unlike the wrt3200 I was lucky enough to unload.

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
cybrnook
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are you two being paid every time you mention Asus or Netgear routers? Smile Seem to do it in every post lately, pointing out the issues you had with the WRT series and how they are garbage.

There are still lot's of units out there, and people still want to try and work with what they have instead of buying another unit. Just wanted to mention that.

I have many of these units out in the wild, and nobody is complaining back to me about them. Every user and user case is different, you guys know that. So the issues someone may face, others may not. Dirty flashes vs factory resets, different wifi clients, different neighboring AP's on same channels....
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ myersw running Merlin's current version. I think it is going to be one of those YMMV scenarios. Last time I checked the log didn't show anything jumping out so may need to contact Asus.

We do push a lot of traffic thru with speedtest and streaming so volume alone might be causing some grief for it. According to the traffic counter since 06/18/2018 its documented over 311GB after resetting to defaults. I may give the stock FW a chance before doing anything else.

BTW I order the WRT32X off eBay so stay tuned...

Last edited by 05dyna on Thu Jun 28, 2018 19:33; edited 1 time in total
gufus
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
htismaqe wrote:

Using a year old firmware and never upgrading, especially given the speed at which cyber threats move today, really isn't a great option. Just saying. My WRT1900ACv1 is still on r31924 and can't be upgraded because the new builds don't work for various reasons. It will become a dedicated AP sometime next week.

The wifi driver is a memory pig..

Dariusz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sam1789 wrote:
Dariusz

You need to include your basic information in your posts to start with. It will help you get responses.

what router, what build #, type of setup (WiFi, anything "fancy") etc

Also imgur.com is not the best place to share images. It seems to DEMAND that one allow ad-sites thru in order to even see the images. For instance, all I see is black from that link.

hth

Oh dear, where should I upload images instead?

Firmware data
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r36168 std (06/20/1Cool
Time: 21:47:19 up 10:01, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Its pretty basic setup. Nothing fancy. Just 2 networks, 1 guest 1 private.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do I need to start deleting posts?

Navigation

Jump to: