WRT3200ACM??

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 197, 198, 199  Next
elvisimprsntr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
i will tell you about the purpose of this bt/wifi combined chipset once its released. release date is likely mid of oct

I'll take a guess...

TCP/IP over BT
    BT repeater
    Apple HomeKit compatiable chipset to support HK bridge functionality (wishful thinking)

The FCC report seems to narrow down the third combined WiFi/BT radio chipset: http://www.marvell.com/wireless/88W8887/

Last edited by elvisimprsntr on Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:49; edited 10 times in total
Sponsor
gufus
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
i will tell you about the purpose of this bt/wifi combined chipset once its released. release date is likely mid of oct

I wounder if the openwrt team has this device yet. Wink

Lantis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Brainslayer.

If you have a rango that can start up a 160mhz channel (stock or ddwrt firmware doesn't matter), can you please post the output of the following for me (captured from another router)?

"iw wlan1 scan"
Assuming wlan1 is your 5ghz interface.

I'm looking for how the 160mhz is represented in scan data so that I can update several plugins.
If you could demonstrate contiguous and split 160 that would be great.

Please feel free to obscure any information you feel shouldn't be shared.
If you would prefer, please pm me the result.
cybrnook
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
elvisimprsntr wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:

I'll take a guess...

TCP/IP over BT
    BT repeater
    Apple HomeKit compatiable chipset to support HK bridge functionality (wishful thinking)

The FCC report seems to narrow down the third combined WiFi/BT radio chipset: http://www.marvell.com/wireless/88W8887/

I was thinking maybe some app for your android or iPhone, that can be used to manage your router over BT. I would think the pairing would even persist over factory resets.
cybrnook
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
cunninglinguine wrote:

If your still reading, and linksys is open. How about adding a OpenVPN "client" option? I think we are getting to the point where the CPU's in these routers can handle the overhead. The ability to have the OpenVPN server is great, but a client would also be beneficial.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
first. the new drivers marvell provided to me are buggy and do not work in 5 ghz yet. so i cannot scan on 5 ghz right now. just on 2.4 ghz. its basicly a updated mwlwifi driver which is not yet officially released. and for the bt chipset. the guess is wrong. it has a totally different strange purpose you wont find out that easy Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
cybrnook wrote:
cunninglinguine wrote:

If your still reading, and linksys is open. How about adding a OpenVPN "client" option? I think we are getting to the point where the CPU's in these routers can handle the overhead. The ability to have the OpenVPN server is great, but a client would also be beneficial.

a openvpn client is included since many years in dd-wrt just configure it. its just that openvpn has soo many config options that a simple wan option is useless. but at services->vpn you find already what you want. i use openvpn p2p connections regular or my private applications. in addition i integrated softether recently which makes some things even easier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
gufus wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:

everyone who counts is part of lede, the fork of openwrt right now. so openwrt is dead from my point of view. i dont know if someone got a device. at least nobody i know. but i guess one guy who did not join lede, but was the reason that everybody left openwrt to follow up with a new project, has one. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
cybrnook wrote:
cunninglinguine wrote:

a openvpn client is included since many years in dd-wrt just configure it. its just that openvpn has soo many config options that a simple wan option is useless. but at services->vpn you find already what you want. i use openvpn p2p connections regular or my private applications. in addition i integrated softether recently which makes some things even easier

Thanks brainslayer, of course DD-WRT has openvpn client support (and I love it). My suggestion was more towards Linksys for their stock firmware. (if feedback is making it back to linksys for firmware improvements)

And while we have you Smile the WRT images you are making lately, the factory to DD-WRT images are too large to flash from linksys GUI it seems. For the last 2 - 3 builds you made.
Yemble
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
cybrnook wrote:

And while we have you Smile the WRT images you are making lately, the factory to DD-WRT images are too large to flash from linksys GUI it seems. For the last 2 - 3 builds you made.

Save / Apply do not work on the main Settings page either, on WRT1900AC v1 and maybe others. These two things may well be related, since they cover the exactly the same timespan.
gufus
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
gufus wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:

everyone who counts is part of lede, the fork of openwrt right now.

I've been watching/reading lede as of late.

BrainSlayer wrote:
so openwrt is dead from my point of view.

I agree.
BrainSlayer wrote:
i dont know if someone got a device. at least nobody i know.

Ah.

BrainSlayer wrote:
but i guess one guy who did not join lede, but was the reason that everybody left openwrt to follow up with a new project, has one. Smile

I could only guess, no idea here. (but then again, I think Iknow who it is) VBG

But thats openwrt stuff, it will be interesting what happends to openwrt now. Rolling Eyes

mperin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 22:27    Post subject: For sale at Frys.com? Reply with quote
It looks like Frys.com has the WRT3200ACM for sale? A search for WRT3200ACM shows it for purchase at $249.99. Odd though, as it is still not on the Linksys site. [/url]
ATHF
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 22:43    Post subject: Re: For sale at Frys.com? Reply with quote
mperin wrote:
It looks like Frys.com has the WRT3200ACM for sale? A search for WRT3200ACM shows it for purchase at $249.99. Odd though, as it is still not on the Linksys site. [/url]

Interesting, if you click on the picture it tells you most of the information on it, except for ports "and more", as in the Bluetooth...

Also on the bottom Fry's has it as no detachable antennas, I think that may be a mistake.

Velop:2 WHW0101, RE6500, RE9000(AP)
Spectrum - 1000/50
SysLog Watcher 5, New security Onion box coming soon, Fingboxes, PiHoles, NEMS, Cacti, rpisurv
elvisimprsntr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
A EU DoC appears on the Linksys site.

http://downloads.linksys.com/downloads/dofc/CE%20DoC%20WRT3200ACM.pdf

And there are two links appearing in a Linksys site search which are listed as "under maintenance."

http://www.linksys.com/us/search?text=wrt3200acm

Seems release is eminent.
ATHF
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kaloz has the first version up, https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/issues/105#issuecomment-253438798
Velop:2 WHW0101, RE6500, RE9000(AP)
Spectrum - 1000/50
SysLog Watcher 5, New security Onion box coming soon, Fingboxes, PiHoles, NEMS, Cacti, rpisurv
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 197, 198, 199  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 199
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: