1900AC/DDWRT Blocking Wifi Printer and Windows Network?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
TDD99CA
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:43    Post subject: 1900AC/DDWRT Blocking Wifi Printer and Windows Network? Reply with quote
Hi all!

At a loss here...moved my Linksys 1900AC over to DD from the poor stock firmware.

Seems like suddenly I can no longer access my wireless printer which is correctly configured to access the router...it connects and shows as much. I simply cannot add the printer from Windows anymore. Something is blocking it in the router.

Secondly, when I browse the network via Windows, I cannot see my Linux machines in the network anymore. The Windows one do show.

I can access my Linux shares if I specify the path explicity ("\\machine\share") without issue. I can't see all the shares from a machine level ("\\machine) - Windows says it cannot find it.

I don't understand what is preventing this. The old firmware worked 100% in this regard. Is the router not passing around the information? All the machines in the lan are connected via a switch and effectively bypass DD except for any IP resolution, etc. Most of the machines even have static IPs and don't use DHCP. Is that an issue...?

Ugh.

Kev.
Sponsor
Dave_D
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:01    Post subject: Re: 1900AC/DDWRT Blocking Wifi Printer and Windows Network? Reply with quote
TDD99CA wrote:
Hi all!

At a loss here...moved my Linksys 1900AC over to DD from the poor stock firmware.

Seems like suddenly I can no longer access my wireless printer which is correctly configured to access the router...it connects and shows as much. I simply cannot add the printer from Windows anymore. Something is blocking it in the router.

Secondly, when I browse the network via Windows, I cannot see my Linux machines in the network anymore. The Windows one do show.

I can access my Linux shares if I specify the path explicity ("\\machine\share") without issue. I can't see all the shares from a machine level ("\\machine) - Windows says it cannot find it.

I don't understand what is preventing this. The old firmware worked 100% in this regard. Is the router not passing around the information? All the machines in the lan are connected via a switch and effectively bypass DD except for any IP resolution, etc. Most of the machines even have static IPs and don't use DHCP. Is that an issue...?

Ugh.

Kev.

Have you enabled AP Isolation in the Advanced Wireless confguration? If so, turn it off to access the wireless printers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: