E1200v2 client bridge issues at university (guest network)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
LBJfor3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:15    Post subject: E1200v2 client bridge issues at university (guest network) Reply with quote
Hi all,

I was trying to create a client bridge using an old E1200v2 router on my university's unsecured guest network. I followed the wiki exactly, and it almost works, but not quite. The connection is VERY shoddy, I.E. it won't work for minutes at a time and then will randomly work for 15-20 seconds before losing connection again. I am using the recommended build for my router, build 29519 mega.

My guess is that my router is trying to pick up the connection directly from the host router, and the host router is probably very far away from my dorm room.

My question is, is there anything I can do to fix this? I tried searching the network for devices connected to it, since the school obviously has bridges/repeaters or something of the like around campus so that the network is actually accessible throughout campus, but I only see 2 cisco devices associated with the network. I was thinking if I got the signal from one of their repeaters/bridges/something else (I keep saying this because I don't know exactly how network infrastructure works, just guessing based on my fairly limited knowledge), my router would actually be able to hold a strong signal.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated, and please ask me if there is any other information you need to know to help! Thank you!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: