Changing wireless MAC address makes web GUI unreachable?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
mattmc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 22:19    Post subject: Changing wireless MAC address makes web GUI unreachable? Reply with quote
So for reasons that are a bit complicated to explain, I've been trying to use an older router I had to create a wireless network with a specific SSID and wireless MAC address by connecting it to my main router. I setup it up in the expected way (turned off the WAN port, turned off the DHCP server, etc.) and it works just fine until I try to change the MAC address. Once I change the MAC, wireless clients can still connect to it and access the Internet successfully, but the web GUI can't be reached. Yes, I changed the IP of the dd-wrt router from the default (changed from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.2), yes I'm making sure I'm trying to connect through that IP.

Router model is a Linksys E2000 v1. dd-wrt version is v24 preSP2 (Build 21061) BIG. The primary router is an ASUS RT-N56U with the latest stock firmware. The two are connected switch to switch (not using the dd-wrt router's WAN port).

Edit: clarified big build.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: