Reserving Bandwidth/QoS confusion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
mainkaunhoon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 19:08    Post subject: Reserving Bandwidth/QoS confusion Reply with quote
I wish to use QoS on DDWRT but it is a little confusing for me. I have the following scenario:

There's a 4Mbps downlink & about 10 devices (3 computers, others are cell phones/tablets) and I wish to RESERVE bandwidth for one particular PC i.e. 1Mbps reserved when it is online. When offline, this restriction obviously not needed.

Is there a simple way of doing this or I have to setup all 10 devices on QoS and set their priorities? If so, what setting should I use for the PC mentioned above since it is confusing for me.

Sponsor
mainkaunhoon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I went ahead and put the limit on Wireless/Ethernet interfaces instead. Set the priority of Ethernet to Premium and Wireless to Standard.

Also, since the QoS setting would not stick to WAN port due to the interfaces being bridged, I had to change the port from WAN to LAN & WLAN in order to enforce it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: