WRT1200AC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Author Message
mainkaunhoon
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:39    Post subject: WRT1200AC Reply with quote
I recently purchased Linksys WRT1200AC, the default firmware was okay and had terrible Wifi signals. I ended up with OpenWRT today, the signals are way better now BUT... I don't like the UI. I miss DD-WRT from my old Asus router.

I will be reverting back to stock Linksys then install DD-WRT but can someone please tell me which version should I go with? i.e. Latest beta factory-ddwrt image from FTP here? or Kong's latest build here:

http://desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-MVEBU/

I know installation is very straight forward but I wish the Wiki pages were populated for WRT series of Linksys here, would have installed DD-WRT right away instead of going with Open-WRT.
Sponsor
moccolo
DD-WRT User


Joined: 01 Feb 2016
Posts: 63

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
go back to linksys orig firmware and use kong factory to ddwrt...
mainkaunhoon
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
moccolo wrote:
go back to linksys orig firmware and use kong factory to ddwrt...


Thanks!

Are you using Kong's version by any chance? Wondering if it has any bugs etc. that I need to be aware of?
moccolo
DD-WRT User


Joined: 01 Feb 2016
Posts: 63

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
on this router im with openwrt. becouse i need vlan id and tagging. dd-wrt dosnt let you do that...

but yes i prefer ddwrt in general. specially the webui..
mainkaunhoon
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
moccolo wrote:
on this router im with openwrt. becouse i need vlan id and tagging. dd-wrt dosnt let you do that...

but yes i prefer ddwrt in general. specially the webui..


Thanks! I just did the process of OpenWRT > Linksys Stock > DDWRT Kong's version. Working like a charm. Everything is setup. Let's see how this one goes. I will be soon installing YAMon on it.

A few further Q's if you don't mind please. The TX Power was set as 20 dBm in OpenWRT while in DDWRT, it is 30 dBm by default. What is the default Linksys value for this? I just want to put a value in between Linksys/DDWRT to be safe.
moccolo
DD-WRT User


Joined: 01 Feb 2016
Posts: 63

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
i really think you dont need to worry about that... if kong has set it up by default on 30 than it should be safe....
fedegos
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 21 Jul 2016
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
mainkaunhoon wrote:
moccolo wrote:
on this router im with openwrt. becouse i need vlan id and tagging. dd-wrt dosnt let you do that...

but yes i prefer ddwrt in general. specially the webui..


Thanks! I just did the process of OpenWRT > Linksys Stock > DDWRT Kong's version. Working like a charm. Everything is setup. Let's see how this one goes. I will be soon installing YAMon on it.

A few further Q's if you don't mind please. The TX Power was set as 20 dBm in OpenWRT while in DDWRT, it is 30 dBm by default. What is the default Linksys value for this? I just want to put a value in between Linksys/DDWRT to be safe.



Hi, could you please tell how to do the process of DDWRT >> Linksys Stock >> KONG'S DDWRT ???

I installed a few hours ago ddwrt but had many issues, like no internet, and cant change configurations without it freezing and getting eternal "wait" loops..


Thank you very much!
moccolo
DD-WRT User


Joined: 01 Feb 2016
Posts: 63

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
use a little bit of search... it was a few threads down...


http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=303130

just go to original fw and then flash kong factory to ddwrt
Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum