Slow web interface

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
stephanstricker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:34    Post subject: Slow web interface Reply with quote
Hi,
the web interface on kong built and standard DD-WRT is super slow. Sometimes I have to refresh to load a page at all. CPU usage shows almost no load, I tried different browser and WIFI and LAN. The router seems to run fine but this is really annoying. Anybody else has seen this issue?

Stephan
Sponsor
SimBy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:23    Post subject: Re: Slow web interface Reply with quote
stephanstricker wrote:
Hi,
the web interface on kong built and standard DD-WRT is super slow. Sometimes I have to refresh to load a page at all. CPU usage shows almost no load, I tried different browser and WIFI and LAN. The router seems to run fine but this is really annoying. Anybody else has seen this issue?

Stephan

Is it always slow or just occasionally?

I sometimes get a long pause when I try to open a web interface and after the pause page loads only partially. After a page refresh it loads instantly and everything is quick and responsive afterwards.
mainkaunhoon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 18:07    Post subject: Re: Slow web interface Reply with quote
stephanstricker wrote:
Hi,

Stephan

Try in different browser?
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ stephanstricker, the way I see it is you have two different concerns. with regards to the web admin page I use Firefox with Add-Ons and no issues. That said I did have to “white list” the router’s IP for some of FF’s privacy add-ons but all is good.

As far as the low Load Averages that’s good thing because that means your router has significant resources in reserve. Assuming you have a wrt1900ac or the wrt1900acs you either have a 1.3GHz processor or 1.6 GHz processor. So if you want to see your Load Averages increase downgrade to a router with a 500MHz processor(or lower) and you’ll see those loads numbers spike
stephanstricker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
After a little bit more investigation it turns out to be an issue with one specific iMac.

Stephan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: