Tp link 940n v3 No lan and wan port working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
alifarrukh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 23:46    Post subject: Tp link 940n v3 No lan and wan port working Reply with quote
Today I bought tp link 940n v3 router.Without any problem I installed ddwrt beta firmware (factory to ddwrt) 19/5/2016 on it through LAN port.

After successful flashing no LAN or WAN port is working on router which means no internet access through WAN or LAN.Any led of LAN port also doesn't light up and I have checked all LAN ports one by one computer shows unidentified network.I have also tried flashing web upgrade many times and have tried to reset router 30/30/30 with no luck.Now I can only access router page through wifi and there is no other way.Now only power and internet led is on and stable and WiFi led turns on when connected.

I need to know how the router can be fixed,one way is to webrevert to original firmware,but can it work through WiFi? Given there is no other way to access router that I am aware of. Sad Sad
Sponsor
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1033565#1033565

alifarrukh wrote:
I need to know how the router can be fixed,one way is to webrevert to original firmware,but can it work through WiFi? Given there is no other way to access router that I am aware of. Sad Sad

Revert via WiFi, nothing to lose. Use http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1031067#1031067

vuhothang
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Same with my WR-941ND V6. i was flashed factory-to-ddwrt 29739 build but no Lan & Wan, only wifi. I was flash tl-wr941ndv6-webflash.bin via wifi, now i can using lan & wan but lan led not working.
NoNamePerson
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
My 941ND v3.5 just did the same thing except WAN is still working. It worked flawlessly for about a year and now all of sudden wired LAN is dead. I don't believe this is a coincidence, 3 similar devices stopped working with no reason in 2 days. Especially considering that TP-LINK is legally obliged to block custom firmware in US from 2.06.2016. Time to brace for hardware backdoors. :shock:
alifarrukh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Although I managed to webrevert to its original firmware but this router is no use to me then.

I bought this only because I saw router model in ddwrt betas firmware otherwise I would avoided it if It couldn't support ddwrt fully .This was the best cheap 3 antenna 2.4ghz router I found,othen than buying tp link 1043nd v2 and v3 which I know is causing problems because of bad hardware.

I know 941nd v5,v6 too had problems but wasn't aware it shared same hardware as 940n v2 and v3.So I guess I will have to wait longer for this router to be completely supported. Sad
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 17:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
alifarrukh wrote:
This was the best cheap 3 antenna 2.4ghz router I found, other than buying tp link 1043nd v2 and v3 which I know is causing problems because of bad hardware.

WR1043ND v2 and v3 are solid hardware, no problems.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: