Unique network setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
SharpTJ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 18:56    Post subject: Unique network setup Reply with quote
Where I live, I can only get high speed internet through my mobile device. Luckily I have unlimited high speed on one of my plans. Currently I have it tethered to a router, which acts as a repeater (Cradlepoint MBR95 stock), then a couple other routers that connect to that 1st router as a wireless bridge. My goal is to set one of the routers to use a VPN so I can "hide" streaming traffic from my TV.

The only router with dd-wrt that gives me a VPN option is the TP-Link841N. It is running v3.0-r30709 (09/29/16). I can't seem to get the PPTP VPN set up correctly.

Here is a simple diagram of the important parts. Currently have the setup on the right.

Is it possible to do this? I could also connect the VPN router to the Cradlepoint via Ethernet cable (instead of bridged wirelessly) if that would help anyway.

VPN.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.43 KB
 Viewed:  887 Time(s)

VPN.png

Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: