DD-WRT to Factory (Linksys WRT1900AC v2)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
SuperRT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 4:37    Post subject: DD-WRT to Factory (Linksys WRT1900AC v2) Reply with quote
Hi,

I ended up installing DD-WRT (kong build - DD-WRT v3.0-r29300M kongmv (03/25/16)) on both partitions, Kong has a DD-WRT file (in below folder) to go back to Linksys, however I only see 1900AC that does not have a version 1 or 2, has anyone used this file (WRT1900AC-ddwrt-to-factory.img.bin) to go back to Linksys firmware on one partition, if so can you help with your experience and the file name used, thanks a lot Smile

http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-MVEBU/LinksysFW/

Giraffe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 13:15    Post subject: Re: DD-WRT to Factory (Linksys WRT1900AC v2) Reply with quote
SuperRT wrote:
Hi,

I ended up installing DD-WRT (kong build - DD-WRT v3.0-r29300M kongmv (03/25/16)) on both partitions, Kong has a DD-WRT file (in below folder) to go back to Linksys, however I only see 1900AC that does not have a version 1 or 2, has anyone used this file (WRT1900AC-ddwrt-to-factory.img.bin) to go back to Linksys firmware on one partition, if so can you help with your experience and the file name used, thanks a lot Smile

http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-MVEBU/LinksysFW/

I've used
http://desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-MVEBU/LinksysFW/WRT1900ACS_ddwrt-to-factory.img.bin

For my WRT1900ACv2 and it works fine.

The WRT1900ACV2 and WRT1900ACS are identical.
SuperRT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you very much Giraffe Smile , when you did that did it keep Kong on one partition and Linksys firmware on the other, is that even possible?
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:21    Post subject: Re: DD-WRT to Factory (Linksys WRT1900AC v2) Reply with quote
[quote="Giraffe"]
SuperRT wrote:
Hi,

I've used
http://desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-MVEBU/LinksysFW/WRT1900ACS_ddwrt-to-factory.img.bin

Giraffe,

After flashing with the mentioned file, did your router work properly with the factory firmware? Have you installed any other firmware?
Giraffe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 20:01    Post subject: Re: DD-WRT to Factory (Linksys WRT1900AC v2) Reply with quote
[quote="thehofl"]
Giraffe wrote:
SuperRT wrote:
Hi,

I've used

Giraffe,

After flashing with the mentioned file, did your router work properly with the factory firmware? Have you installed any other firmware?

After flashing the router works as intended by the factory firmware, it actually installs the factory firmware for the WRT1900ACS but since the WRT1900ACS and the WRT1900ACv2 are identical that doesn't matter.

Regarding the question if i have installed any other firmware, i've installed OpenWRT on my WRT1900ACv2.
thehofl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 16:47    Post subject: Re: DD-WRT to Factory (Linksys WRT1900AC v2) Reply with quote
thehofl wrote:
Giraffe wrote:

Giraffe,

After flashing the router works as intended by the factory firmware, it actually installs the factory firmware for the WRT1900ACS but since the WRT1900ACS and the WRT1900ACv2 are identical that doesn't matter.

Regarding the question if i have installed any other firmware, i've installed OpenWRT on my WRT1900ACv2.

Giraffe,

Thank you for the reply. I have been using DD-WRT for years and am looking to perform that exact change as i have not yet tested OpenWRT and am a bit curious. Would you say the hassle of reverting to factory was worth the change? Or do you see limitations over DD-WRT?
Giraffe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 17:05    Post subject: Re: DD-WRT to Factory (Linksys WRT1900AC v2) Reply with quote
thehofl wrote:
thehofl wrote:
Giraffe wrote:

Giraffe,

Giraffe,

Thank you for the reply. I have been using DD-WRT for years and am looking to perform that exact change as i have not yet tested OpenWRT and am a bit curious. Would you say the hassle of reverting to factory was worth the change? Or do you see limitations over DD-WRT?

Well if it's worth the hassle differs from user to user I guess.
I think both DD-WRT and OpenWRT are great Firmware's and I have switched from one to the other now and then.

What i really like about OpenWRT is that it comes with a working package management system and lots of working packages, you can install.
Furthermore i think that OpenWRT's webinterface "Luci" looks more modern than the DD-WRT webinterface.

Also there's the fact that OpenWRT is far more customizable in terms of configuration. I run Linux on my PC's and to me OpenWRT feels more "familiar" more like a full blow Linux distribution because of the options and configurability.

Flashing from DD-WRT to stock and then to OpenWRT isn't that much work, i think you'll spend most of you're time configuring OpenWRT.

You could always give OpenWRT a try and see if it suits you're needs, and if you backup you're DD-WRT config you could always easily return to DD-WRT.
thehofl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 17:31    Post subject: Re: DD-WRT to Factory (Linksys WRT1900AC v2) Reply with quote
Giraffe wrote:
thehofl wrote:
thehofl wrote:
Giraffe wrote:

Giraffe,

Giraffe,

I think both DD-WRT and OpenWRT are great Firmware's and I have switched from one to the other now and then.

What i really like about OpenWRT is that it comes with a working package management system and lots of working packages, you can install.
Furthermore i think that OpenWRT's webinterface "Luci" looks more modern than the DD-WRT webinterface.

Also there's the fact that OpenWRT is far more customizable in terms of configuration. I run Linux on my PC's and to me OpenWRT feels more "familiar" more like a full blow Linux distribution because of the options and configurability.

Flashing from DD-WRT to stock and then to OpenWRT isn't that much work, i think you'll spend most of you're time configuring OpenWRT.

You could always give OpenWRT a try and see if it suits you're needs, and if you backup you're DD-WRT config you could always easily return to DD-WRT.

Thank you for take on the firmwares. I did not install the Kong build, but i did install the "facotry-to-ddwrt.img" (v3.0-r28788 std 01/13/16) file via the "firmware upgrade" tab in the factory firmware.

Do i need to do anything special to revert or do i just need to flash in the "firmware upgrade" tab, using the revert image you mention in the following link?
Giraffe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 18:20    Post subject: Re: DD-WRT to Factory (Linksys WRT1900AC v2) Reply with quote
thehofl wrote:
Giraffe wrote:
thehofl wrote:
thehofl wrote:
Giraffe wrote:

Giraffe,

Giraffe,

Thank you for take on the firmwares. I did not install the Kong build, but i did install the "facotry-to-ddwrt.img" (v3.0-r28788 std 01/13/16) file via the "firmware upgrade" tab in the factory firmware.

Do i need to do anything special to revert or do i just need to flash in the "firmware upgrade" tab, using the revert image you mention in the following link?

Just install the DD-WRT-to-factory.img.bin, also i always hit the reset option (don't keep settings when 'upgrading' to stock).
thehofl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:05    Post subject: Re: DD-WRT to Factory (Linksys WRT1900AC v2) Reply with quote
Giraffe wrote:
thehofl wrote:
Giraffe wrote:
thehofl wrote:
thehofl wrote:
Giraffe wrote:

Giraffe,

Giraffe,

Just install the DD-WRT-to-factory.img.bin, also i always hit the reset option (don't keep settings when 'upgrading' to stock).

Sorry for the late response on this topic. Thank you for all your assistance! I plan to attempt the rollback this weekend. I think i will try out the stock firmware for a bit. Though i will prolly get sick of it fast. Razz
SuperRT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 0:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you Kong for adding a file for the DDWRT to factory for WRT1900v2 dated 24-06-2016 (this version for V2 was always missing), this should solve a lot of the confusion..... Smile
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there any benefit if I restore my 1900ACV2 to 1900ACS other than newer firmware with overclocked CPU ?
SuperRT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Totally doubt it.... in fact it may be the same file just different names for ease... do report if you learn anything by doing that.....thanks.
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I apologize for reviving an old thread. I have been super busy over the last couple months and am now going to attempt to flash back to stock firmware via that file that Giraffe provided. I will report back my results asap. Wish me luck! Smile
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I you flashed ddwrt from the Linksys gui, just telnet in and issue these commands, will boot back in partition one.

ubootenv set boot_part 1
reboot
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: