Most stable build for V2 hardware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
insignia96
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:03    Post subject: Most stable build for V2 hardware Reply with quote
So, I own two WRT1X00 series routers, a WRT1900AC v1 and a WRT1200AC. I have had a lot of wireless stability issues under DD-WRT that don't seem to occur under the stock firmware, but since the Linksys FW is missing a lot of basic networking functionality, third party firmware has been pretty much my only option.

As of right now, I have had the best performance (by far) out of the Kong builds. I am running 29020 (02/17/16) on the 1900v1 and this seems to have been very stable, but I have still had some intermittent issues with clients randomly dropping connections on the 5 GHz network. On the 1200, I have tried a number of different builds and they all seems to have a lot of issues to varying degrees of unusability, mostly on the 5 GHz network. I am aware that this is mostly due to Marvell's piss-poor public driver code, so this is definitely not a bitch thread directed at DD-WRT devs, I'm just looking for any info from those who've tested different builds. The most recent mwlwifi .17 version included in Kong's 03/25/16 build was giving me a lot of problems on the V2 hardware. I was seeing a lot of the same issues that people were opening on Github, and the 29020 build wasn't much better, but there's not any older Kong builds available for download on desipro.

Essentially, my main question is whether or not anyone has seen solid wireless stability on V2 hardware under any older (or current) build, and if so, can you provide a download for the image if it's not still available?

EDIT: I should note that I have been using VHT80 channel width and manually setting the channel (although, depending on the build, it seems to choose whichever channel it feels like using regardless of what I tell it to) on the 5 GHz network because both routers are connected to a gigabit level WAN connection.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: