Need to optimize for VOIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
SesOS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 0:29    Post subject: Need to optimize for VOIP Reply with quote
I have a Netgear WNDR4000 with v24-sp2 (06/07/14) vpnkong - build 22000M.

I have fairly low latency from my ISP and regularly get 5 Mbps down and .6 Mbps up on my ADSL connection.

I am looking for ways to optimize traffic for my VOIP connection. I have a Linksys SPA 2102 connected to a port on my router. When making calls I get a lot of choppiness until I put everything else on the network to sleep. Ideally I could throttle other traffic while on the phone. I read a post about siproxy, but it wasn't clear about how to install it on DDWRT. I am looking for ideas or settings in DDWRT to improve my calls, and I'm not that worried about other network traffic.

Read all the announcement except Stickies from the Past. I hope the answer is not in there Smile
Sponsor
hubermania
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 0:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd start with enabling QoS on the NAT/QoS tab and prioritize the MAC address of your TA. Add your mobile phone MAC too if you use Wi-Fi calling.
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 13:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
HFSC works better than HTB for latency too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: