is 5ghz stable?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Jimmy Russell
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:13    Post subject: is 5ghz stable? Reply with quote
I've read elsewhere that 5ghz slows down to 20mb. Is VHT80 working?
Sponsor
Yemble
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:31    Post subject: Re: is 5ghz stable? Reply with quote
Jimmy Russell wrote:

5GHz is broken on BS but works well on Kong.
lim
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:48    Post subject: Re: is 5ghz stable? Reply with quote
Jimmy Russell wrote:

Slows down to 20Mbps from what... ?
Where I live, fibre broadband is still a bit of a novelty and speeds aren't that great.
But I consistently get over 36Mbps, which is about 94% of the theoretical (wired) maximum.

Regards, lim

Yemble
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:37    Post subject: Re: is 5ghz stable? Reply with quote
lim wrote:
Jimmy Russell wrote:

Slows down to 20Mbps from what... ?
Where I live, fibre broadband is still a bit of a novelty and speeds aren't that great.
But I consistently get over 36Mbps, which is about 94% of the theoretical (wired) maximum.

Regards, lim

Lim, according to your signature you are running Kong, which has no WiFi issues to my knowledge. It is only the BS builds that are broken.

On BS (every build since mid-Jan) I was getting a max download of 24Mbps over Wireless-AC, on my 100Mbps ISP circuit. As soon as I switched to Kong, with exactly the same configuration, my Wireless-AC download jumped to 107Mbps. Prior to mid-Jan, BS builds delivered the full 107Mbps.

Explain that...!

I have since increased my ISP circuit to 200Mbps and Kong delivers 208Mbps over Wireless-AC.

Note that my ISP is VirginMedia cable, although I have the VM SuperHub configured as just a modem connected directly to my WRT1900AC v1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: