Privoxy and Hulu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
bobbintb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 20:20    Post subject: Privoxy and Hulu Reply with quote
I want to set up my router to block Hulu ads on my devices. I've seen general instruction on setting up Privoxy but nothing specific about Hulu and from my experience with previous ad-blocking stuff it usually needs a blacklist or something. I really have no experience with Privoxy. I have a wrt1900ac v1. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Sponsor
bobbintb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nobody has any idea how to set up privoxy with hulu?
bobbintb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still trying to figure this out if anyone has any feedback.
Hagensieker
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I made a website on simple Privoxy configuration in DD-WRT.

Nothing is any work that I did, just a simplified tutorial of scattered stuff I found on the web.

http://www.hagensieker.com/privoxy/index.php
Hagensieker
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Whoops I think I gave you exactly the opposite of what you wanted. My example on my web page allows the ads so there are no issues with the web site. I'd sure like to know the answer to your question as well.
bobbintb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hagensieker wrote:
Whoops I think I gave you exactly the opposite of what you wanted. My example on my web page allows the ads so there are no issues with the web site. I'd sure like to know the answer to your question as well.

Still, it might help me do what I need. I find it surprising that there really isn't a guide to something you'd think a lot of people would be interested in.
Hagensieker
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
bobbintb wrote:
Hagensieker wrote:

Still, it might help me do what I need. I find it surprising that there really isn't a guide to something you'd think a lot of people would be interested in.

One of the developers (pretty sure it was Kong) has these instructions somewhere and I used them to make my tutorial. I just added screenshots. I don't remember exactly how it was written but when I started this I was stuck on the /jffs directory, thinking how the heck do you install this? Once I figured that out I figured I'd screenshot up a tutorial so the next time I tried to do it I'd have something to fall back on.

I learned a long time ago to document stuff I seldom do. My web page is full of useless information so I can reconstruct stuff after gigantic foul ups. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: