Belkin/Linksys does not deserve WRT1900/ACS support from you

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
FattysGoneWild
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:11    Post subject: Belkin/Linksys does not deserve WRT1900/ACS support from you Reply with quote
Way to much talent wasting their time with horrific support of these routers. Belkin/Linksys has completely crapped on you guys from the start. And it continues. Is it more for the challenge to try and out do Linksys themselves or what? Communication is poor. They don't fix bugs. Gibberish blob of code to work with etc. At this point and even from the start. They have been hoping you guys will fix their own garbage for them free. They refuse to this day to make it FULLY open source.

Why keep wasting time with it? The community is so talented and don't deserve this treatment from Belkin/Linksys. Wont happen. But, honestly wish the devs. on here would band together and tell them to shove it at this point. Dropping all and further support for these particular routers.
Sponsor
Eyerex
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have to say if it wasn't for everyone who helps write firmware for the WRT1900ACS i would own a bit of blue plastic as Linksys / belkin own firmware is sooo buggy

If any of you are in South London i owe you a pint
htismaqe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 20:16    Post subject: Re: Belkin/Linksys does not deserve WRT1900/ACS support from Reply with quote
FattysGoneWild wrote:
Way to much talent wasting their time with horrific support of these routers. Belkin/Linksys has completely crapped on you guys from the start. And it continues. Is it more for the challenge to try and out do Linksys themselves or what? Communication is poor. They don't fix bugs. Gibberish blob of code to work with etc. At this point and even from the start. They have been hoping you guys will fix their own garbage for them free. They refuse to this day to make it FULLY open source.

Why keep wasting time with it? The community is so talented and don't deserve this treatment from Belkin/Linksys. Wont happen. But, honestly wish the devs. on here would band together and tell them to shove it at this point. Dropping all and further support for these particular routers.

And leaving all of us out here that paid for one of these routers SOL?

Yeah, that sounds like a great solution.

If you REALLY want to make a difference, convince people to stop buying their new products. Don't encourage 3rd party firmware developers to abandon already-purchased platforms. That doesn't punish Belkin, that only punishes the user base.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:12    Post subject: Re: Belkin/Linksys does not deserve WRT1900/ACS support from Reply with quote
htismaqe wrote:
FattysGoneWild wrote:

If you REALLY want to make a difference, convince people to stop buying their new products. Don't encourage 3rd party firmware developers to abandon already-purchased platforms. That doesn't punish Belkin, that only punishes the user base.

Agreed. Only reason my WRT1900ACV1 is still around is because of DD-WRT otherwise I woulda sent it back with only stock was available. VHT80 on 5GHz still not available on stock? just an example how far behind it is 1900 router with no VHT80 is pretty stupid if u ask me. Only thing stock does decently well is NAS speeds which are crazy high for a router. Thats pretty much about it from my side.

mrengles
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Some good news, Marvell just released a new open source driver last night, Maybe we will see some improvements even with DDWRT... Here's hoping!
Fez27
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrengles wrote:
Some good news, Marvell just released a new open source driver last night, Maybe we will see some improvements even with DDWRT... Here's hoping!

Yay. I see Kong and BS released builds today. Cant wait to see results coming out.

FattysGoneWild
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 18:24    Post subject: Re: Belkin/Linksys does not deserve WRT1900/ACS support from Reply with quote
htismaqe wrote:
FattysGoneWild wrote:

Right. It is a GREAT solution. I myself own this turd of a router and never again. I am only one person. But, if others done the same thing. Along with telling friends and family not to purchase any thing from Belkin/Linksys. It would hurt them. Wasting time and talent though on this junk? I am convinced its more for the challenge then any thing else. Along with settling for junk that was bought just trying to get it operating properly. Having to use 3rd party firmware to accomplish that. Since Belkin/Linksys cannot figure out how or want to support their product properly with stock firmware.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: