VPN server on repeater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
dasnick
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 15:29    Post subject: VPN server on repeater Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I'm having some trouble configuring a VPN server on my 1043nd that is configured as a repeater.

This 1043nd is connected to my cable modem/router via powerline. I've disabled the dhcp on the this router, with the IPs being handled by the cable modem/router, and assigned a static ip (192.168.1.2). The objective is to have the vpn server running on the 1043nd which I could connect to from the outside of my network and have access to the computers at home. is that even possible? Does the fact of the 1043nd being setup as a repeater bridge limits the ability of having it running a VPN server?
Sponsor
ThoreauHD
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
What the hell is a 1043nd? And no, you can't use it as a VPN server as repeater. Where are the packets going to go from the VPN session?
dasnick
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
ThoreauHD wrote:
What the hell is a 1043nd? And no, you can't use it as a VPN server as repeater. Where are the packets going to go from the VPN session?

It's a tplink 1043nd. Thanks for your positive input... I managed to configure a VPN server on the 1043nd. tested it with my smartphone 4g connection and everything is working just fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: